Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sephora by OPI The Garden Of Good and Evil Swatches and Review!

Hello fellow lacquered lovers! I have a treat for you today! A mini collection from Sephora by OPI that was just recently launched! Now I always love a good mini collection considering how much nail polish I have and I feel like the minis often give a good idea of the quality of a collection. None of this collection was jumping out at me (especially not for $9.50 a bottle) however the minis looked cute so I figured I'd try them!



I love the idea behind the theme of this collection, and unlike other fall collections that have been coming out, this one actually seems cohesive! It seems as if the first color in this collection, Completely Fern-ished, only comes in the mini collection, similar to the Glee collection from this past spring. Now, on to the polishes!



Above: Completely Fern-ished - 3 coats over one coat of Seche Vite Ridge Filler

First up is Completely Fern-ished, a deep green with a lot of yellow undertones. Now while in the bottle I really liked this color, it was too yellow-toned for my skin tone. There is a very slight shimmer to this color and I think it would look great on those with darker skin tones! I wish it erred more on the side of hunter green but can't win them all!



Above: Eve-y On the Eyes - 3 coats over 1 coat of Seche Vite Ridge Filler

Next up is Eve-y on the Eyes, a gorgeous grape shade with some shimmer to it. I love this color! Surprisingly with all the purples in my collection, I couldn't find a dupe for this! It's a very warm darker purple with flecks of silvery shimmer that is just gorgeous in the light! This is an intensely pigmented jewel color and I love it! I may need a full size bottle of this one!



Above: Tempted by Teal - 3 coats over 1 coat of Seche Vite Ridge Filler

I am in love with Tempted by Teal. I was a little afraid it'd be too frosty, but it's the perfect shimmer and metallic in a gorgeous, deep, jewel toned teal. It wasn't streaky at all when I was applying it and it's just absolutely stunning. I need to get a full bottle of this!



Above: Frankly I Don't Give A-Dam - 3 Coats over 1 coat of Seche Vite Ridge Filler

Frankly I Don't Give A-Dam was a little plain for me. It seems like every brand from OPI to Zoya to China Glaze to everyone else has been coming out with grey tones and this one is not unique. It's a pretty lighter grey but I definitely don't need a back up bottle due to many other grey's in my collection.

All in all, it's a decent collection. I'm glad I got to try the purple and the teal because they are gorgeous although I could live without the green and grey. I wish I could pull off the green because it's a pretty color but just did not work for my skin tone. I should note that all of these colors would probably be opaque in two coats but since they were mini brushes, they required three.

What do you think of the Garden of Good and Evil? Are there any colors from this collection that you love?

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you mentioned the yellow tone to the green, because when I first saw it I thought it'd be great for me, but I'm not yellow based at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty swatches! LOL! I love the name I Don't Give A-Dam,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just eh for me. I haven't really found any $OPI that I've just HAD to have... except for the names haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might have to pick up Tempted by Teal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, Tempted by Teal is nice! I wonder how it compares to Sephora Mermaid To Order (d/c)? (SH Lagoon is also a dupe). Do you have either of those to do a comparison?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...