Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Birchbox Color Club Custom Collaboration Swatches and Review!

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Tuesday!  Just a quick post this morning!  As you may know, the nail polish brand Color Club has been sold on Birchbox for a few months now and they got together to create a special collection!  All of the names are social media related which is so cute!  I was lucky enough to get to go to the Birchbox sample shop during NYFW where we were allowed to pick a few samples and make our very own Birchbox so clearly I got all of the nail polishes!  Also, I'm trying out rounded nails for a bit so here is your first peek at them!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!


Above:  2 coats of Insta-This

Insta-This is a really fun bright royal blue!  I love how intensely pigmented it is!  It's so bright on the nail, like Nails Inc. Baker Street.  The formula was great, opaque in 2 coats and it didn't stain!



Above:  2 coats of Put a Pin In It

Put a Pin In It is a really pretty rose gold foil.  Unlike other rose gold polishes, you can actually see the pink hint in this one!  I love that it's a warm shade without being a yellow gold.  The formula was great, practically a one coater but I added a second for good measure!



Above:  2 coats of Status Update

Status Update is a deep grey creme that has a lot of green to it.  It's really deep, it almost looks black but has enough grey and green to it to make it not gothic looking.  This is a great fall shade!  The formula was good, opaque in two coats and a lot of pigment.



Above:  3 coats of Tweet Me

Tweet Me is a green based yellow, kind of reminiscent of some of the OPI Shrek colors to me.  Was anyone else expecting the Twitter color to be blue?  That being said, this is definitely a bright color that would work better on someone who isn't as pale as me.  The formula was a bit tricky, I needed three coats to make it even.


All in all, I liked this collection!  I especially liked Insta-This and Put a Pin In It!  For the most part they had a good formula and the names are really cute!  The Birchbox Color Club Custom Collection is available at Birchbox for $8 per bottle.


What did you think of this collection?  Any Must Haves?  Any Dupes?

9 comments:

  1. Tweet Me kind of reminds a bit of 'Did It On Em'. I love Insta-This!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Tweet Me and Status Update. They aren't so usual colors :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there just seeing if you have ever bought from Candy Nails, They seem to have an amazing range and from there Facebook Page seem to be getting bigger, what do you think?: http://www.facebook.com/WeAreCandyNails and there website is: http://www.candynails.co.uk/ I think they have got an eBay shop to. anyhows NEED HELP LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your rounded nails, Carly! Great Swatches!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like "Put A Pin In It!" These are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got Insta-This but I haven't tried it yet. It looks great! Your roundies look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blue- wish I got it. I got status update, not unique enough for me! :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...