Friday, September 21, 2012

Louboutin Ruffian Nail Art and A Sneak Peek at Upcoming Makeup Posts!

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Friday!  Unfortunately I'm still horribly sick but I wanted to show you some really fun (and easy) nail art I did last week!  Also, Lacquered Lover is moving into makeup territory soon as well as nails so I thought I'd show you a peek at once of my favorite recent makeup looks!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish (and makeup!)





I started by doing the "Louboutin" part of this manicure which involved me painting under my nails with Butter London Knees Up, still the perfect red in my opinion.  Then I did some clean up with a makeup brush and acetone because it's not easy to paint under your nails!  Next I painted my nails with Deborah Lippmann Stardust, a great silver foil that was practically opaque in one coat.  Lastly, I added the Ruffian aspect by using Illamasqua Scorn, a fantastic black rubber finish polish!



And since I'm venturing into make up territory, I decided to try my new Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in NSFW.  This lip tar (which is basically pure pigment in liquid form so the tiniest little bit goes a LONG way) is a true red, not pink or blue leaning at all.  I love how it perfectly matched the underside of my nails!


What did you think of this look?  Have you ever tried the Louboutin or the Ruffian before?  

10 comments:

  1. The OCC Lip Tar is gorgeous! Just about the perfect red :-) Love the mani too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mani and the lip tar:) Did you use a base on the underside of your nails to prevent staining???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the Louboutin. I'm tempted to grow my nails out a little so I can try it. I mentioned on facebook, but I'll say it again... I need that black in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried the Louboutin manicure, only with neon colors (teal and pink). Love NSFW, actually I'm obsessed with all the liptars. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your look. I have done the Louboutin mani after I saw Adel wearing them - I used OPI Little Red Wagon which is a great cream red for my under nails. Then I used an older blacked/burgundy for the tops. I don't look good in plain black cream. But the top shade I used always looks black to anyone who does not know it has some burgundy in it. My nails are too short now to do the Louboutin look - am recovering from some medical issues that took their tole in my nails, hair and now my skin as well...working on diet and good vits to get things back in control. Hair is growing well and nails slow but least they returned to strong and not so pealing. Will be ready to do this look again in a month I figure with luck and no big breaks. I want to try it with black and orange - or maybe the new OPI DS that is in the orange - Luxurious and see how that comes out. I do have this Butter London you used - it's thinner than what I used so might end up being easier to do the under side of nails. It's not my fav red have to say because the formula is so thin and it chips badly on me...but I am really critical of reds - I have collected red polishes for 30 yrs and really have a discriminating pallet for what I like and don't. If you like this BL red (Knees UP) you need to get your hands on OPI Dear Santa - possibly my all time fav shimmer red ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of it! I can never grow my nails long enough to paint the undersides. Maybe someday when I'm not working in the medical field and washing my hands or using hand sanitizer every 5 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. feel better :) Painting the underside of nails sounds really messy lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look, maybe one day I can my nails on both hands long enough to accomplish this look!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...