Monday, February 18, 2013

Guest post by The Lacquerologist!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Monday!  I am (hopefully) off in Finland at the Arctic Circle right now so I have a wonderful guest post by the lovely Emily from The Lacquerologist!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Hi everyone!  This is Emily from The Lacquerologist!  I am so excited to be here at Lacquered Lover today! =)  When I think of Carly's blog, I envision three things: 1) New York City.  2) Bright red lips.  and 3) Inverse accent nail manicures that Carly made famous.  So I decided to do a manicure that incorporates all three for my guest post!  I present to you, my Lacquered Lover-inspired manicure!



I used shades that felt urban to me...I'm envisioning the lights of the city in the evening.  The silver foil is butter LONDON Diamond Geezer and the extremely sparkly blue is Rainbow Honey Kawako.  On my left hand, I did my ring, middle and thumb nails in silver and my pointer and pinky in blue; on my right hand I did the reverse!  And then, to add something a little special, I did some sexy red lips on my left middle finger!  I used It's So Easy StripeRite in red, black and white to create the lips by following the tutorial by Naildecor, which you can see [here]!  I sealed it all in with Out the Door top coat!


OK, so I'm not quite a pro at Carly's signature photo, but I tried my best!  It is way harder than it looks to replicate those photos she does!  I hope you all like this look, and I hope Carly enjoys it too!  If you want to check out more of my nail art and swatches, head over to my BLOG and FACEBOOK!  I'd love to see you there!  <3

**Products in this post were provided for honest review.**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How cute is this?  I can't believe she did a Carly themed manicure!  I absolutely adore it!  Definitely go check out her blog and facebook and let me know what you think of this awesome manicure in the comments!

2 comments:

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...