Monday, February 25, 2013

Nicole by OPI Modern Family Collection for Spring 2013 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Monday!  I hope you are all having a wonderful start to your week!  I can't believe it's been over a week since I went on vacation!  I will have more on that soon but first, I wanted to do a quick post (read that as lots of pics and little talking) about a collection I"m way behind on!

 

The Nicole by OPI Modern Family collection is 14 polishes that are all based off the hit TV show.  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!



Above:  2 coats of Am I Making Myself Claire?

Am I Making Myself Claire is halfway between a lilac and a grey, so let's call it a grelac!  It's a good neutral color for spring, not quite nude with a hint of purple.  The formula was good, opaque in 2 coats.


Above:  2 coats of My Jay or the Highway

My Jay or the Highway is a yellow toned taupe.  I think it's supposed to be more nude but on someone as pale as me, it looks fairly dark.  The formula was good, opaque in 2 coats.



Above:  3 coats of Alex By The Books

Alex By the Books is a gorgeous minty green creme that's a bit blue leaning.  This was a real stand out of the collection for me.  I found the formula to be a bit streaky so I used three thin coats to get it even.



Above:  3 thin coats of Stand by Your Manny

Ugh, I really wanted to love this color because it's so beautiful in the bottle, a lovely light blue full of silvery almost glass fleck like shimmers.  But the formula was just so difficult.  I tried 2 normal coats, three thin coats, and nothing could stop it from being patchy and streaky.

Above:  1 coat of Haley Good Looking over 3 coats Stand By Your Manny

Haley Good Looking is a glitter topper of a peachy pink micro glitter with some larger pieces of glitter in the same shade.  The formula was find for a glitter topper, not hard to get out at all.



Above:  2 coats of I Do De-Claire!

I Do De-Claire! is a light pink very frosty polish.  I'm really not a fan of frosty polishes because I dont' like seeing brush strokes
 


Above:  2 coats of A Like-Haley Story

A Like-Haley Story is a bright pink that has a very subtle shimmer to it.  In the bottle it looks like the pink version of Stand By Your Manny but on the nail the shimmer is not as apparent but the formula is much better.  It only took two coats for full opacity.



Above:  2 coats of Basking in Gloria

Basking in Gloria is a gorgeous purple toned red polish with pink shimmer to it.  This one really is beautiful!  So much depth!  The formula was good, opaque in 2 coats and easy to apply.



Above:  2 coats of Candid Cameron

Candid Cameron is a gorgeous teal shimmer that has slight flashes of green and blue to it!  It's beautiful!  The brush strokes seem to show up with my camera but not in real life.  The formula was good on this one, easy to use and opaque in 2 coats.



Above:  3 coats of What's the Mituation?

What's the Mituation is a deep blue shimmer.  The formula was super sheer on this one and even with 3 coats I felt like it wasn't totally even.



Above:  1 coat of She's Lily Something

This was a frustrating polish.  In the bottle, it looks like a pink duochrome glassfleck sheer base with holographic star glitters.  However getting the start glitters out is not easy and once you do, they are virtually impossible to lay flat on the nail.  I also found the formula to be rather thick.



Above:  3 thin coats of Back in my Gloria Days

This polish is a gorgeous and vibrant bright purple shimmer!  However the formula was a bit thin so I found I needed three coats to build it up, but once I did it was really beautiful.



Above:  3 coats of A Phil's Paradise

A Phil's Paradise is like a less intense cousin of Chanel Graphite.  This shade is a dark grey shimmer that flashes a bit of silver and a hint of green.  The formula was a bit thin so it took 3 coats for full opacity.



 
Above:  2 coats of Luke of the Draw

Lastly is Luke of the draw, a black jelly full of multi sized silver glitter.  I'm a big fan of black jellies with glitters in them and this one built up nicely.  The formula was pretty easy to use and the glitter went on easily.

All in all, this wasn't my favorite collection by Nicole by OPI.  I found that a lot of the formulas seemed to have problems and the pretty colors you could see in the bottles didn't translate well to the nail.  If you are willing to take the time to do several layers or thin your polishes, there are some pretty colors but many of them are fairly dupable.  These polishes are available now wherever NOPI is sold.


What did you think of these polishes? Must have? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

2 comments:

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...