Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Butter London Sweetie Shop Collection for Spring 2013 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Wednesday to you all!  I may be a bit silent on here in the next few days because NYFW is starting but be sure to check out my Instagram, Twitter and Facebook (@lacqueredlover) for up to the minute behind the scenes beauty access!  But first, today I have a really cute collection for you!


The Butter London Sweetie Shop Collection is a super cute collection of bright pastels that are perfect for Spring!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!



 Above:  3 thin coats of Cuppa

Cuppa is a light beige nude creme.  It's definitely a palette cleanser type of color, very professional looking but beige enough that it won't give anyone mannequin hands.  The formula was a bit hard to work with, fairly thick, so I found that three thin coats worked best.


 Above:  3 thin coats of Jasper

Jasper is a bright pastel yellow creme polish.  Now I'm not sure how something can be bright but pastel but this collection is just full of these gems!  The formula for a light yellow wasn't bad, three thin coats made it opaque and not streaky.


 Above:  2 coats of Kerfuffle

I really like saying Kerfuffle.  I have now incorporated it into my vocabulary.  Kerfuffle is a bright pastel coral.  This was a surprise favorite of mine from this collection!  There is a lot of pink to this polish but it's so fun and bright!  This will be a fabulous pedicure color!  The formula was a bit thick but 2 coats worked for this polish, just let them dry for a minute or two in between.


 Above:  2 coats of Fruit Machine

Fruit Machine is a bright baby pink creme.  If you're a pink kinda gal, this color is right up your alley for Spring!  The formula was good on this one, a bit thick but 2 coats worked perfectly!



 Above:  3 thin coats of Fiver

I am loving all the mint greens this year that actually don't give me lobster hands!  Fiver is a gorgeous ice mint green.  I love that it's bright but pale at the same time!  The formula works best when you use three thin coats to even it out.


Above:  3 thin coats of Molly Coddled

Molly Coddled is a bright lilac creme.  I really like how this shade looks and don't think I have an exact dupe for it!  The formula was a bit thick so I found that three thin coats worked the best for full opacity.

All in all, I liked this collection.  I had bought these when they were buy 2 get 1 free at Nordstrom and am glad because a few of the formulas I wasn't in love with.  They all look great eventually but I like my polishes to be 2 coaters.  I will say that Fiver, Kerfuffle and Molly Coddled were definitely my favorites from this collection and fairly easy to work with!  This collection is on sale now for $15 wherever Butter London is sold.

What did you think of this collection?  Any must haves?  Any dupes?

3 comments:

  1. I usually love bL but these don't do anything for me. Maybe I'm also not the right girl for spring collections, because so far, I haven't found much I really want :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...