Friday, February 1, 2013

China Glaze Avant Garden Collection for Spring 2013 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Friday!  I hope you have all had a wonderful week and are looking forward to the weekend!  I will be swatching like a mad woman in anticipation of NYFW starting next week!  But first, I have an amazing new Spring Collection to show you all!


The China Glaze Avant Garden collection consists of 6 shimmers and 6 cremes that are gorgeous for the Spring!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!


 Above:  3 coats of Dandy Lyin' Around

First up is Dandy Lyin' Around.  I really love this polish!  This is a soft white that's full of tiny iridescent shimmer that's just beautiful on the nail.  The shimmer gives it a really gorgeous glow that whites don't usually have so it's not too harsh.  The formula was a bit streaky but three thin coats evened it out well.



 Above:  2 coats of Tart-y for the Party

Tart-y For the Party is a really nice bright lavender creme.  It's coming out a tad more blue toned in these pictures than it is in real life.  The formula was good, opaque in two coats and easy to use.


Above:  3 coats of Keep Calm, Paint On

Keep Calm, Paint on is a gorgeous iced mint green with a hint of silver shimmer.  I was afraid this would give me lobster hands but it's perfect!  I seriously love this shade!  The formula was a bit streaky but three thin coats evened it out perfectly!


 Above:  2 coats of Pink-ie Promise

Pink-ie Promise is a warm baby pink that has a subtle bright pink shimmer to it.  The shimmer isn't that noticeable on the nail unless you are in direct light.  The formula was a bit thick but 2 coats were fine.


 Above:  2 coats of Fade into Hue

Fade into Hue is a nice bright cornflower blue creme.  There is a hint of dustiness to it that stops it from being neon.  The formula was really nice, opaque in two coats and easy to use.



Above:  2 coats of Mimosa's before Manis

This was a surprise love of mine!  Mimosa's Before Manis is a gorgeous bright coral with a hint of shimmer to it that's really fun for Spring!  I see this being a fabulous pedicure color!  The formula was great, opaque in 2 coats and easy to work with.


 Above:  2 coats of Life is Rosy

Life is Rosy is a pink toned dusky mauve.  Not really a color I would wear but a good polish for pink lovers.  The formula was good, easy to work with and opaque in 2 coats.


 Above:  2 coats of Passion for Petals

Passion for Petals is a nice bright pink creme.  I feel like I probably have dupes for this although I can't think of any off the top of my head.  The application was good, opaque in two coats and easy to use.



Above:  2 coats of Snap My Dragon

I apologize, my camera and computer want to make this a hot pink when really it's a bright red with hot pink shimmer!  It's gorgeous!  The formula was good, opaque in 2 coats!


 Above:  2 coats of Sunday Funday

First of all, I love this name.  Sunday Funday is a gorgeous BRIGHT blue creme!  I love it!  It's perfect for Spring!  the formula was great, opaque in 2 coats and easy to use!



 Above:  2 coats of Budding Romance

Ok honestly, I thought I was going to hate this color but I actually LOVE it!  Budding Romance is a kind of mossy green but the finish is halfway between a creme and a jelly!  the formula was a bit thick but two thin coats were easy to use!



Above:  2 coats of Fancy Pants

Fancy Pants (gotta love that name) is a deep indigo/blurple with light purple shimmer to it.  It's complex and gorgeous and changes depending on the light!  I love it!  The formula was great, opaque in two coats!

All in all, I really liked this collection by China Glaze!  There were no boring pastels, lots of cool hidden shimmers and some great brights!  I really loved the coral, white and blues, they were all really interesting while still being wearable!  The launch date of this collection is March, 2013. 

What did you think of these polishes? Must have? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

13 comments:

  1. Yay! I've been waiting for swatches of these for ages!! Mimosa's and Fancy Pants will be mine for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* when i first saw these, i really thought i could get away with just one or two, having similar shades already in my collection ... but your swatches look fantastic (love the rounded nails too, btw) and now i want almost all of them! lovely collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think I would like this collection, but now I think I NEED at least half of this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want half the collection! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want half the collection! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want half the collection! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some of them will definitly end up in my collection, but not all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep Calm Paint On I love. I also dig Budding Romance. Def nothing like it in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that I see them swatched on the nail I actually quite like them. Wasn't too sure about them before... Thanks for adding more to my wishlist, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome reviews!! There are a lot of fab colors in this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! All the colors are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love this whole collection!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...