Friday, November 18, 2011

Deborah Lippmann Dance Music Holiday Mini Trio Swatches and Review

Good morning Lacquered Lovers and Happy Friday!  I hope you're all looking forward to a fabulous November weekend and I figured I'd send you off with a bang!  Today I'll be reviewing the newest Deborah Lippmann glitters and later this afternoon I'll be comparing them to see if there are any dupes!

The Deborah Lippmann Dance Music Holiday Mini Trio consists of three polishes, Just Dance, Dancing in the Dark and Flash Dance.  This trio is a Nordstrom Exclusive and costs $29!  Not bad!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!





 Above:  2 coats of Just Dance
Above:  Macro Shot of Just Dance

Nordstrom's website describes Just Dance as "Brilliant Aqua - Glitter" and I have to say that it's a pretty spot on descripton!  Just Dance is aqua micro glitter that's jam packed in a sheer aqua base and also has slightly larger glitter particles in a bright blue.  I love how the different shades of blue makes this color look almost three dimensional!  The coverage on this polish was great fully opaque in 2 coats, and it's just so festive!  I actually hope this color comes out in a full size because I think it's one of my favorite Deborah Lippmann polishes to come out recently.




 Above:  2 coats of Dancing in the Dark

Above:  Macro shot of Dancing in the Dark

Nordstrom describes Dancing in the Dark as "disco ball in the dark - glitter" which kind of made me laugh because aren't all disco balls in the dark?  That being said, I LOVE this color!  I actually blogged about it yesterday when I wore it as a full manicure, although when I wore it on its own I did three coats to really get full coverage.  With two coats it's pretty good, but not 100% opaque.  I just love the gunmetal micro glitter and the larger holographic pieces.  It looks like a dark rainbow explosion on my nails!




 Above:  2 coats of Flash Dance

Above:  Macro shot of Flash Dance

Nordstrom describe Flash Dance as "electrifying orchid - glitter" which is pretty spot on!  Flash Dance is small purple micro glitter that's jammed into a magenta jelly base with larger pieces of glitter that I can't tell if they are red or hot pink due to the magenta jelly.  Either way, this is color is like Barbie meets a club kid!  I really like it!  The formula was great, opaque in two coat and so sparkly!

All in all, I really enjoyed this mini collection!  They are really fun glitters.  I always love to see what Deborah Lippmann comes up with, and it's cool to see her playing with different sized glitters in the same polish!  I'm hoping that these polishes come out in a full size eventually because I'd love a larger bottle of Just Dance!  Stay tuned later today for a comparison post featuring all these polishes!

What do you think of this trio?  Do you like the different sized glitters? 

15 comments:

  1. I think Just Dance is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last two kind of look like two of the polishes in the Wet n Wild limited edition glitter collection. Do you know how they compare?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love them!!! i would totally buy them, but they look like the Wet n Wilds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to worry, I'm working on my comparison post of the DL vs Wet N Wild right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way too much glitter happening in here for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three of these are just amazing! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooohhh...these are pretty! I love the different sizes of glitters in them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still do not own a DL polish! All three of these are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carly, I nominated you for the versatile blogger award!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are really adorable! My favourite is the grey/silver one.
    http://nailsbyrebby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bob Richards, the former pole-vault champion Diablo 3 Gold, shares a moving story about a skinny young boy who loved football with all his heart. Practice after practice, he eagerly gave everything he had. But being half the size of the other boys, he got absolutely nowhere. At all the games, this hopeful athlete sat on the bench Diablo III Gold and hardly ever played. This teenager lived alone with his father, and the two of them had a very special relationship. Even though the son was always On the bench, his father was always in the stands cheering. He never missed a game. This young man was still the smallest of the class when he entered high school Diablo 3 Gold. But his father continued to encourage him but also made it very clear that he did not have to play football if he didn't want to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This incident occurred one morning outside Albert Sch-weitzer's hospital in the African jungle Diablo III Gold. A patient had gone fishing in another man's boat.The owner of the boat thought he should be given all the fish that were caught.Dr.Sch-weitzer said to the boat owner:“You are right because the other man ought to have asked permission to use your boat Diablo 3 Gold. But you are wrong because you are careless and lazy.You merely twisted the chain of your canoe round a palm tree instead of fastening it with a padlock Diablo III Gold. Of laziness you are guilty because you were asleep in your hut on this moonlit night instead of making use of the good opportunity for fishing.”

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...