Wednesday, March 7, 2012

China Glaze Call of the Wild (Sneak Peek of the Safari Collection) Swatch and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  As some of you may remember, I was lucky enough to be invited to two fashion shows during New York Fashion Week back in February by China Glaze!  The very sweet Joy who was the head manicurist gifted me a half full bottle of the polish that was used at the Porter Grey show which is from the upcoming Safari Collection this Fall!  So today, I'm bringing you a sneak peek of Call of the Wild!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!



 Above:  2 coats of Call of the Wild in artificial light
Above:  2 coats of Call of the Wild with flash

Please excuse the tipwear, I had this manicure on for 2 days before I remembered to photograph it!  Call of the Wild is a gorgeous deep brown creme with a ton of red in it.  It's halfway between chocolate and burgundy.  I love it!  I think it's a stunning color, perfect for fall.  I love that it's not a typical brown creme, the addition of the red pigment really gives it a warm glow!  The application was perfect, opaque in 2 coat and very pigmented!

So there you have it, the first sneak peek of China Glaze's fall 2012 collection!  I got to see one of the other colors, a gorgeous shimmery dark red called Heart of Africa as well, and I can't wait to see what the rest of the collection has in store!

What do you think of this shade?

11 comments:

  1. I had only seen marketing previews or how they are called. And I love almost all shades!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so looking forward to this collection! I haven't wanted so many colours from a collection since forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this collection! And I love that colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a bit dark for me--maybe because I so ready for spring and have Easter candy colors on my brain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been waiting for your swatch of this one :) Is it brown? Is it purple? Is it red? It's so tonally ambiguous! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this one, I can see myself wearing it and never wanting to take it off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of those red/browns that makes my skin look ruddy and my cuticles look like I never take care of them. Ditto on eye shadows in this red brown range - cannot wear them or I have crying eye look syndrome. Hopefully there are a few wow shades in the collection come fall. I know the Metro collection fall 11 did not go over well with too many folks. CG had hit it out of the park with Anchors Away spring 11 and Island Collection summer 11 that many good shades came out of. Thanks for showing us this peek. I am sure in context of the show at FW it looked amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! I love this color! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for the rest of the collection as it gets closer! Thanks for the early look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am so excited for this collection - this color looks great, but i think i'll need them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is lovely! I'm so glad they are making this collection cause last I heard about it it was just a rumor. It looks great on you, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...