Thursday, March 15, 2012

Barielle Eli's Magic, Shannon's Attitude, Starry Sky and End of the Rainbow Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Today, I have some brand new Barielle polishes to show you!  As some of you might know, they recently released NINETY new colors!  Yes, 90 new colors all at once!  That's a lot!  I have 4 of the new ones to show you today, so now, without further ado, on to the polish!




Above:  2 coats of Eli's Magic

First up is Eli's Magic. a medium pink creme.  On Barielle's website they describe it as "hot pink" but I don't think it's quite bright enough to be in the "hot"category.  Anyway it's a very nice pink polish if that's your kind of thing!  The formula was good, much better than Barielle's I've tried in the past, and it was fully opaque in 2 coats!  If you're a pink lover, this is a good staple to have in your collection!



 Above:  2 coats of End of the Rainbow

Above:  1 coat of End of the Rainbow over black

End of the rainbow is a really pretty sheer emerald green polish with light blue shimmer to it.  It's not quite duochrome but it has some really nice flashes of the blue!  I personally liked it layered better over the black because the color seems to pack more punch that way!  Plus then there is no visible nail line like there is with two coats of it on its own.  I can't wait to try this layered over blue, I think it would really pull out the blue flash more!




Above:  2 coats of Shannon's Attitude

Shannon's Attitude is described on Barielle's site as being a "jelly purple with foil flakes."  Now it is definitely a jelly purple but I wouldn't call these foil flakes.  Then again, it's not quite bar glitter either.  What I do know is that it IS holographic!  So that's actually pretty cool.  I love that the bigger glittery pieces aren't exactly straight, they look very three dimensional in the polish which is pretty unique!  I really like that there are tiny pieces of holographic glitter in it as well.  I also like that it wasn't terribly thick or hard to work with, however I do think in the future I will layer this over a purple. 





Above:  1 coat of Starry Sky over 2 coats of Eli's Magic

Last but not least is Starry Sky which is silver smaller glitter in a clear base.  However this glitter is not just silver, in real life, it basically has a mirror finish!  The light catching on it is insanely bright!  I actually really like this because it has a disco ball feel to it!  I also liked that the base was not terribly thick and really easy to use.  Plus there was a ton of glitter!  That's just one coat above!

All in all, I'd say Barielle is really stepping up their game!  Their formula is far improved, Shannon's Attitude is a really unique polish, and it looks like they have some other great new polishes!  You can find Barielle on their website for $8 a bottle, although today only they have a sale for 30% off!

What did you think of these polishes?  Any must haves?  Any dupes?

Please note that the products in this post were sent to me for my honest review.  If you have further questions, please see my disclosure policy above.

8 comments:

  1. I just ordered some Barielle today! Never tried their stuff before but Falling Star and Buddha-ful looked really interesting to me. They also have a BOGO 50% off too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of those are really great shades. Buddha-ful is a really different flakie in that it's in a light beige sheer base. It works well over lots of shades.

      Delete
  2. I really like the Eli's Magic, it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get a bottle of Starry Sky. So addicted to glitters

    www.grace-and-beauyt.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. really? I misspelled my own website? awesome. hahah

    www.grace-and-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving Elle's Magic and Shannon's Attitudes. So glad you and a few others are showing us swatches of some of the many new Barielle shades. I hate taking pot luck off their bad descriptions and worse graphic color dots! I never know what I am getting - it's total pot luck. Last order I put in before all the new shades came out - I really got 3 that were total waste of $ and went right into my donation pile for the Women's Shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look awesome, Shannon's Attitude looks like a glittery version of Butter London "stroppy".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Eli's Magic and Starry Sky the most.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...