Monday, May 23, 2011

(Almost) Mirror Nails

Ever since my love of nail polish really took hold (Summer of 2007, I decided to stop biting my nails and had gels which I would do in crazy colors until I kicked the habit and started wanting to change the color more often so went back to natural) I have been searching for the most fun and unique polishes. Sure, I have my reds and a few pinks, but the crazy blues, purples, greens, metallics, sparkles, that's where my true passion lies.

However when I first got into nail polish, my local beauty salon only carried OPI and Essie, so almost all of my first 50 bottles of polish were those brands. In the past year I started reading the blogs and fell in love with Zoya, China Glaze, CND, Lippmann Collection, you name it, I started buying it. Then I decided I wanted to find a polish that would make my nails as mirrored as possible. Not just a metallic or foil, but a full on mirror finish. Now I understand that it's impossible to do with nail polish due to brush strokes, but I finally found one that is pretty close!



China Glaze Millennium. Came out as part of the Khrome Collection in the fall of 2009, this is as close to a mirror finish as I have ever seen. Pure silver, in the bottle it looks like any silver, but as it dries it becomes more and more mirrored. Pictured above is two coats on each finger with OPI Quick Dry topcoat on top. Unlike a lot of metallics, this does not really show brush strokes which is great and the light reflects off of the nails beautifully. Here is another shot:



However there are a few down sides. For starters, this polish shows every single flaw in my nails. Any ridge, rough area, it's out there on display. Definitely use a thicker base coat like a ridge filler to smooth out the nail first. Secondly, it dries super fast which is great, however I am finding that it's chipping very fast as well. I'm only on day 2 of the manicure now, and my right hand has a few chips and a bunch of the edges are peeling.

If you are looking to add a silver collection, or are on the hunt for a mirror finish and don't want to spend a ton of money on a nail sticker like Minx to get it, China Glaze Millennium is the polish for you. However I'd save it for a special night where you can just put it on, let it dry, wear it, and change it in the next day or two due to the chipping.

Let me know what you think! Do you have Millennium? Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Would you recommend using a sparkle, shimmer, or crackle/shatter over the China Glaze Millennium?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...