Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My First Time (With Matte's!)

Happy Tuesday Blogosphere! I was attempting to swatch a bunch of lovely Nfu-Oh polishes last night, however the sun was on it's way down as I was starting and my pictures were not working out very well! So I decided to try out a color I got a few weeks ago that is a matte, a finish I have never tried.

I bought Zoya Phoebe and Mitzi during their last buy one get one sale and have yet to try it! So, I give you Zoya Phoebe:



This picture was taken at night so forgive the poor lighting but it still really pops!



I used Nailtiques Protein Level II for a base coat since my nails are a bit weak at the moment and then three coats of Zoya Phoebe. I wasn't sure how the Matte polish would go on, and it was really streaky at first (probably because I was using the wrong amounts since it was my first time) however in three coats I had full coverage and almost no visible nail line. Here is one more picture in the day time so you can see how bright this color is!



All in all, I love this color. It actually reminds me a lot of a matte version of Zoya Robyn and I'm tempted to find a matte top coat and compare the two! I do like that Phoebe has the slightest bit of shimmer to it. The great thing about the matte is how fast it dried! In just a few minutes, I was using my hands again and not one chip! Mattes will definitely be my new go-to polishes when I need to paint my nails and leave in a hurry! Plus Phoebe is such a great bright blue for spring and summer, I can't help but smile when I look at my nails!

What do you guys think of matte polishes? Do you like the finish? What's your favorite matte? Do you find them as streaky as I did at first?

3 comments:

  1. Quick correction: Zoya Robyn is a shade brighter than Phoebe even without the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love it! I still haven't had the chance to get my hands on a matte polish by Zoya. I've seen pretty colors on different blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley - I highly recommend the Zoya Matte's! They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...