Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Nicole by OPI Kardashian Kolor Holiday Collection 2012 Swatches and Review!

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Tuesday!  I hope you are all having a good start to the week!  Today is supposed to be cold and snowy in NYC so hopefully the weather won't be too bad!  Today, I have another Holiday collection to show you!


Nicole by OPI has done another collaboration with the Kardashian family for the holiday season!  There are three jewel toned shimmers and three glitters in this collection for an array of holiday shades. Now, without further ado, on to the polish!



 Above:  2 coats of All is Glam, All is Bright

First up is All is Glam, All is Bright which is a mix of very small red, silver and what looks like some blue glitters.  The overall look of this polish is almost a light pink or purple which is really unique!  The formula is good, opaque in two coats but a bit gritty so you may want to use 2 coats of top coat.



 Above:  3 coats of Deck the Dolls

Deck the Dolls is a vibrant bright teal shade that definitely leans more blue than green.  I like the color payoff but it did require three coats to be fully opaque as the formula is quite sheer.




 Above:  1 coat of A Gold Winter's Night over 2 coats of Keeping Up With Santa

The strangest thing is that my bottle labels this gold as being Good Tidings We Bling and not the actual name of A Gold Winter's Night!  This polish is a sheer base full of tiny gold glitter, gold bar glitter and turquoise bar glitter.  I definitely do not own anything like this in my collection!  You'd probably need 3-4 coats for full opacity but one coat like pictures above is a great glitter topper!



 Above:  2 coats of Here We Kome A-Karoling

This was a bit of a problem polish for me.  Here We Kome A-Karoling is a dark shimmery purple.  I loved this shade in the bottle but on the nail it was too blackened, the shimmer didn't stand out enough and the formula made the polish really patchy.



 Above:  1 coat of Kardashing Through The Snow over 3 coats of Deck The Dolls

Kardashing Through the Snow is a mix of small silver, gold, red, green and blue glitters in a clear base. This is by far the most festive polish of the bunch!  The glitter is great for a topper but would probably take at least 4 coats to be fully opaque.  The formula was good, easy to use and no need to fish the glitters out!



Above:  2 coats of Keeping Up With Santa

Last but not least is Keeping Up With Santa, the quintessential red shimmer that every holiday collection needs.  I have a million polishes like this but I always love them!  The formula was good, opaque in two coats.


All in all, this was a decent holiday collection from NOPI.  I'm never a huge fan of the bottle shape or brush on these and was disappointed that 2 out of the 3 shimmers were fairly sheer but the glitters were cute and pretty unique for Winter!  This collection is now available where Nicole by OPI is sold for $7.99 each.


What did you think of these polishes?  Must have?  Any Dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

3 comments:

  1. Super pretty colors! I think A Gold Winter's Night is a dupe or verrrrrry similar to Tokidoki's SAndy. Which is a good thing since SAndy is now discontinued.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...