Friday, November 30, 2012

Pretty and Polished How Do You Spell Chanukkah? Swatches and Review!

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Friday!  I hope you have all had a nice week so far and are looking forward to the weekend!  Today, I have a really special nail polish to show you!  My friend Chelsea, the creator behind one of the best indie brands Pretty & Polished, has created a Hanukkah polish!  I was so excited when she asked me to review it since being a Jewish blogger, most of the holiday collections I see are Christmas themed so I loved this.  PLUS, I got to help name the polish which is after a hilarious song by the band The LeeVees who got together a few years ago after realizing there were no good Hanukkah songs and they released an album of all funny songs for the holiday season!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!
 



Above:  2 coats of How Do You Spell Chanukkah?
 
How Do You Spell Chanukkah? is like the snowy winter sky and Hanukkah had a baby and this nail polish was the result!  The base of this is a light blue and it's full of small silver, gold, blue and white glitters and then has really large white hexagonal glitters as well!  It truly looks like the falling snow with the large white hexes and I love that it incorporates all the Hanukkah colors without just being a full on glitter.  Two coats made this polish opaque and the white glitters were surprisingly easy to get out of the bottle!
 
 
All in all, I love this polish!  It's super adorable for winter and I love the Chanukkah theme!  This polish is now available in the Pretty and Polished store for $9.00 a bottle and is perfect for you or a Jewish friend for the holidays!  Even if you're not Jewish you can enjoy the fun colors and wintery feel!  And, let's be honest, no one ever knows how to spell this holiday's name so I will leave you with the hilarious music video by The LeeVees for your viewing and listening pleasure for a new kind of holiday song!
 
 



What did you think of this polish?  Must have? Any Dupes?


The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! A Hanukkah polish!! Beautiful polish, beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I grew up Catholic but my dad always incorporated Jewish traditions into our own... Hanukkah was never one of them, though... maybe it was the whole eight days of presents in addition to Christmas, lol. Anyhoo, I can't believe there aren't more of these out here! Kudos to Chelsea, and lovely swatches. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have interested in studying english since I was Sell RS Gold in high school. I love it very much. I watch english Sell Runescape Gold movie and listen english music frequently, but I don't have much opportunity to speak english in my real life. Fortunately, I have a chance guild wars 2 gold sell to practice my speaking and improve my english in language center.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...