Thursday, October 6, 2011

Wet N Wild Fantasy Makers Halloween 2011 Collection Swatches and Review

Good afternoon my fellow Lacquered Lovers! Are you all loving Halloween week on here? I know I'm having fun with it, and never did I think I'd see so much orange on the blog! Today I have another Wet N Wild Collection for you, but unlike On The Prowl, this one is easy to find! Check the Halloween aisles at drug stores and they should be easy to grab! I did have some trouble photographing some of them so I apologize in advance. However the adorable tombstone bottles are just so cute that I love these! Now, on to the polish!




Above: 2 coats Creepy Pumpkin

Above: Macro shot of Creepy Pumpkin

Ah Creepy Pumpkin, how I love your name! It's awesome! Creepy Pumpkin is a sheer orange jelly with some glass fleck glitter in it. Now this color was super sheer but in all fairness I painted my nails quick and had I given it time to dry, it might have been more opaque with 3 coats. All in all I liked it though, it wasn't so orange that my nails looked like they were glowing and it was actually a flattering shade!





Above: 2 coats of Purple Potion

Above: Macro shot of Purple Potion

Purple Potion, I think, is a dupe of Night Prowl by Wet N Wild. But I haven't reviewed that yet so let's talk about Purple Potion! Purple Potion is dark purple micro glitter suspended in a black cream base. It was really hard to get a clear picture of the purple glitter in the black but in person, it's really cute! I like that it's not so packed with glitter that it gets all gritty and bumpy. Definitly a cute halloween color!





Above: 2 coats of Black Magic

Above: Macro shot of Black Magic

Black Magic is a black cream that's full of multi colors micro glitter. I got really excited at first because I thought this was a black holographic, but the rainbow effect comes from different colored glitter, not a holo effect. Regardless, this is still fun! Especially when the sunlight strikes it! For a black cream with a little something extra, this is a fun polish!



Above: Glow in the Dark Top Coat

No matter what I tried, I just could NOT get this to photograph properly! This is the Fantasy Makers Glow in the Dark Top Coat over OPI Fiercely Fiona. In real life (aka when I was standing in my closet with the door closed trying to get a picture) this looked awesome! It glowed bright green! However that did NOT translate into the picture, so you'll just have to trust me on this one!

All in all, I liked these, and for about $2 a piece you really can't go wrong. Check out the tops of Wet N Wild displays as well as Halloween sections of drug stores for the Fantasy Makers set.

What did you all think of this collection? Any must haves? Do you have any?

5 comments:

  1. Gosh I love them - I just couldn't find Creepy Pumpkin to save my life which is soooo very sad. Love your swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA thats so aesome the packaging is so cute! im def goign to pick these up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! I have Creepy Pumpkin and Night Glow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The purple and the black ones are perfect for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...