Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Julep Emilie Swatch and Review

Good afternoon my fellow Lacquered Lovers! I hope you are all having a fabulous Tuesday. First of all, I want to apologize that this week, each of my posts will only have one color! That's because I was on vacation this past weekend and weekends is usually when I swatch and I simply didn't have the time! Also a bunch of my nails broke and it is not pretty! Hopefully by this weekend my hands won't look like a little kids anymore! Anyway, without further ado, on to the nail polish!





Above: 2 coats of Emilie

Holy cow that is GREEN! Julep Emilie is a bright green cream polish that was fully opaque in 2 coats. It's so green! Every time I see this color in my stash I just think "This will be perfect for St. Patty's Day!" I love that this green has a lot of blue in it so it doesn't make my skin look all yellow and gross like many green polishes can, instead, since it's cool toned, it looks great!

Now, a quick word about Julep. Here is a little blurb about them from their website:

We are a hand, nail and foot care brand with four boutique nail parlors in the Seattle area. Founded on the belief that beauty is a connection, not a competition, Julep was created to celebrate the bond between girlfriends and the beauty of the human spirit. We have created a line of the most effective, toxin-free “Mani & Pedi Care” products and the latest runway-inspired nail colors.

Girl power! I love it! Plus, Julep has this fabulous program called "Julep Maven" where for $20 a month, you get at least 1 (and sometimes 2) nail polishes and some full sized hand care products such as creams, cuticle oil, crystal files, etc. It's a great deal to get to try all sorts of fun colors and products! Plus you get to take a really fun quiz to find out what your "beauty profile" is. There are 5 different profiles. I'm an "it girl!" And they send you an email with the colors you will be receiving before they send it so if you already have a color or simply don't like one, you can request a shelf pull and you'll get a different box that month! It's genius! You can check out their website HERE.

All in all, I love the idea behind Julep and this green was gorgeous! Unfortunately, I do have a dupe for it with OPI Jade is the New Black, but since that polish is not so easy to find, I'm happy to have a back up! Plus I just love the rectangular Julep bottles!

What do you think of this color? Are you a Julep Maven as well?

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Great green!
    Leslie

    http://lacqueredbyleslie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't any of their polish yet, but I love that green, it's a beautiful shade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color! I think it's my favorite Julep polish, actually.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...