Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Blogger Breakfast with Glamour Magazine and Essie!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers! As some of you might have noticed, I went missing yesterday! The reason for that is I took the day off to attend my first blogger event! The lovely ladies at Glamour invited me to a blogger breakfast with the one and only Essie Weingarten of Essie Nail Care. Clearly I had to do something amazing using all Essie products, so check out the manicure I came up with to meet the woman behind the brand!





Polka dots! As you can see in the middle picture, my nails matched my outfit! The colors I used were all Essie and were Blanc, Very Structured and Coat Azure. I had to go to 5 different stores before I finally found Very Structured which is a gorgeous milk chocolatey brown from the Fall collection. I couldn't believe it was sold out everywhere until I saw how pretty it was on the nail! I was really excited with how my polka dots came out for the event!

The event was a ton of fun. It was at this great little nail salon in TriBeCa called Tenoverten that was a gorgeous open space with large windows and comfy chairs and a couch! The lovely ladies from Glamour had a light breakfast, coffee and mimosas waiting for us while we perused the salon. Take a look at my pictures of all the Essie polishes they had out!







That is a lot of Essie! When the amazing Essie Weingarten herself appeared, she was so sweet! She sat down with me for a bit and we chatted about where we grew up, the nail polish industry, how she comes up with names and what our favorite Essie polishes are! I was happy to know that she loves Fiji and Wicked as much as I do! She also absolutely loved my polka dot nails (and correctly knew every single polish I had used) and discouraged me from getting one of the manicures with the new collection that the manicurists at Tenoverten were offering!




Here are a couple pictures of the lovely Ms. Weingarten pointing at my nails and posing with me! She was just so nice to chat with, and meeting a nail polish icon was like a dream come true for me! To think she started Essie by selling nail polishes door to door in Las Vegas 30 years ago and now has a nail polish empire, you just have to respect and admire that! You can also see the amazing breakfast that the ladies at Glamour had out for us in the background!

All in all, it was a fabulous day! It's so great getting to meet all sorts of different beauty bloggers from New York and to get to meet Essie Weingarten was just incredible. It's amazing seeing a strong, smart woman really make it and be an inspiration to the rest of us. I'm also very excited to have received the Essie Winter Collection which I will swatch for you all to see asap! I have Cocktail Bling on my toes right now, and let me tell you, it's stunning!

What did you think of the polka dot manicure? Have you ever gotten to meet any of your icons?

17 comments:

  1. Very cool!! Where are those nail racks/boxes from??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great manicure, great day, Congrats, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO fantastic! I´m so glad you had such a great first event, may there be many many more to follow. Essie sounds like a great person and I love how smitten she was with your mani, you can just totally see it in the pix too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting!!!!! The polka dots look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so awesome that you got to do that!!! Looks like it was a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this is so super amazing!!! I love love LOVE the mani you did - such a great combination of colors. It must have been so amazing to meet Essie! I adore Essie polishes. The names are always so charming and smart. I would be mesmerized by that many bottles of Essie polish! I would have to look at each one, lol, I'd be at those walls for hours. XD I'm so happy for you! This is so awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just the coolest thing ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww how fun! That's so awesome you got to go to such a cool event and meet Mrs. Essie herself:) Cute pics and love the polka dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! Love the manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the polka dots and that had to be a day to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the polka dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super nice mani and you're so lucky that you got to meet her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Carly! How fantastic for you! Am so jealous! Love your polka dot mani.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How amazing for you to get to do that! Your nails were perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...