Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wet N Wild On the Prowl Review and Swatches - Part 2

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers! As promised, today is the rest of the Wet N Wild On The Prowl collection featuring the glitters! They are so pretty I'm going to show you a quick pic of all of them right now (since you already saw one I posted yesterday!)





Pretties! Ah how I love glitter, no matte what a pain in the butt it is to get off! Soon I will do a tutorial for the magical tin foil method of removing stubborn glitters, but for now, on to the polish!




Above: 2 coats of Behind Closed Doors

Above: Macro shot of Behind Closed Doors on the Nail

I love red and black together. I love it so much, that I bought Deborah Lippmann Ruby Red Slippers a year ago which is pretty much an exact dupe of Behind Closed Doors! So, if you don't want to spend $16 for a bottle of Deborah Lippmann, Behind Closed Doors is a match! Behind Closed Doors is a black jelly base with red micro glitter and large hexagonal glitter. The base is very sheer and even with two coats this wasn't fully opaque, so if you want a more dramatic effect, layer it over black!






Above: Correction Tape - 2 coats on over either a naked nail or WNW InkWell

Above: Macro Shot of Correction Tape over InkWell

Above: Macro shot of 2 Coats of Correction Tape on nail

Ok yes, that's a lot of pictures, I know. But come on! This polish is awesome! I mean, square, hexagonal AND round glitter? Pink, Purple, Blue AND Gold glitter? It's like the mecca of glittery polish! All this glittery wonderfulness is in a clear base, so as you can see, on two of my nails above I did it by itself with two coats and on two nails I used Wet N Wild InkWell which was part of this collection as well. It really pops over the black! I think I want to try it over a gold as well. In my opinion, Correction Tape is really the standout of this collection! So unique!






Above: 2 coats of Cougar Attack

Above: Macro shot of Cougar Attack on nail

Ok, I know, there are an obscene amount of pictures of this polish as well, but how cool is Cougar Attack? Copper micro glitter in a brown jelly base? Yes please! I'm not usually one for coppery or orangey colors, but this is pretty awesome. I love that I got it fully opaque in 2 coats (although I did apply thicker coats and waited more time in between to dry a bit) and I loved that there was no patchy or bald spots! This color just screams "Fall" to me and I love it. I was actually expecting to not love this color when I saw the bottle but I ended up adoring it!




Above: Tangled in My Web - 2 coats over naked nail or OPI Flit A Bit

Above: Macro shot of Tangled in my Web over Flit A Bit

I have two words for you. BLACK GLITTER. In a clear polish. Not at all what you'd expect for a nail polish but it's awesome! As you can see above, I did it both on its own (with 2 coats not even 1/4 opaque) and over OPI Flit a Bit which is a bright orange and I think this might be the perfect Halloween manicure! The black glitter is small and hexagonal and just looks really cool. I kind of love it!

So, there you have it, the lovely glitters from the Wet N Wild On The Prowl collection! With the exception of Behind Closed Doors, these were all unique and really fun! If you can find them, $1.99 is a steal for these awesome glitters!

What did you think of the glitters? Any must haves? Any dupes I don't know about? Did you prefer the glitters or the shimmers/creams?

20 comments:

  1. I really like the last one with black, it would look great on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Behind Closed Doors is my favorite... but it's so hard not to love all glitters! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cougar Attack and Behind Closed Doors are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Correction tape!!!! If I ever find this collection, I am going to buy 3 bottles!!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them all but Cougar Attack is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am having a heckuva time trying to find these! I need them in my life! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I am going to buy all of these. I"M A GLITTER SKANK.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been searching for Behind Closed Doors and Tangled in My Web for weeks now! Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only been able to find Cougar Attack! I love it but I want all of the others too! Damn you W 'n W for your limited edition, very hard to find collections!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A friend of mine in Pennsylvania fount it and sent it to me! I still haven't seen it in NY!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you ladies liked these posts! Thanks for all the kind words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the black and glitter!!!! SO sexual!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love them all but I think Behind Closed Doors would have to be my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the black/red glitter. but the organe/black glitter is great for halloween. Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  15. really wanting behind closed doors and correction tape!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much ladies! Aren't these fabulous? I will keep my eyes out for them in NY and if I see any, I will snatch up all the glitters and either do a giveaway or just a sale of the colors (at cost of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous!!! I'm *still* hunting these. I hope so much that I find them soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...