Tuesday, October 25, 2011

OPI Muppet Collection Glitters Swatches and Review

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers! Get excited because I have something fun for you today! In honor of the Muppet Movie coming out around Thanksgiving, OPI released a 12 color Muppet Collection for this winter! So fun! I always loved the Muppets as a kid and can't wait to see this movie! Since these colors are so complex and there are so many of them, I'm breaking it down into two posts. First up, you guys get to see all the glitters!

PLEASE NOTE: In order to really show you how these colors build up, the pictures go as follows: pinkie finger has 1 coat, ring finger has 2 coats, middle finger has 3 coats and pointer finger has 4 coats for each polish!!!

Now, with that being said, without further ado, on to the glitter polish!





Above: Gone Gonzo!

Above: macro shot of Gone Gonzo!

Gone Gonzo! I'm not entirely clear on why a nail polish name needs a punctuation but I kind of like it! Gone Gonzo! is a right medium blue glitter! Now, this polish, like many others in the collection, is a thin clear base that is packed with medium blue micro glitter and then has large pieces of silver hexagonal glitter! The silver really makes the blue pop! As you can see, in about 4 coats it's almost opaque (the top nail has 4 coats) but these polishes would be great for layering as well over a color to give it some sparkle!





Above: Divine Swine

Above: macro shot of Divine Swine

Divine Swine is the same idea as Gone Gonzo! just in purple! It's a really pretty medium purple micro glitter packed into a clear base with larger silver hexagonal glitter mixed in. It builds up really nicely by the third coat (see the middle finger) and by the fourth coat it's pretty much opaque. I think this shade would look really cool over silver so I'm going to try that for you soon!




Above: Fresh Frog of Bel Air

Above: macro shot of Fresh Frog of Bel Air

Ok seriously, how do I get a job naming nail polishes? I love these! Fresh Frog of Bel Air is clearly green for Kermit. I love this shade of green, it reminds me of Spring time for some reason! Like the previous two, this is a clear base that is packed with green micro glitter with some large silver hexagonal glitter mixed in. I actually love this one a lot! I love how rich it looks when it's full coverage! I'm thinking that layering this over Zoya Ivanka will be stunning!




Above: Gettin' Miss Piggy With It!

Above: Macro shot of Gettin' Miss Piggy With It!

First of all, let this be a lesson to you all. I tried to swatch this color too quickly and didn't give it ample time to dry, and once I moved my hand to take the pictures, you can see how gloopy it got! It's practically falling off my middle finger! The horror! So, I'm sorry for that, but let this show you that if you are going to wear these colors as full coverage, you MUST let it dry between coats! Now, that all being said, Gettin' Miss Piggy With It! is a true red micro glitter packed into the clear base with large silver hexagonal glitter. But wait! This one also has large red glitter, making is slightly different from the previous three. I love this color for the upcoming holiday season!




Above: Rainbow Connection

Above: macro shot of Rainbow Connection

Ah Rainbow Connection. I remember singing the song in 6th grade Chorus. Well, I more mouthed the words because I'm fairly tone deaf. ANYWAY, I actually think this color is the LEAST unique in this collection! Many other brands have done similar colors (Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday, Wet N Wild Party of Five Glitters, Milani Gems) and this just seems like more of the same. It's cute, but if you have the others I wouldn't say you "need" this one. Since the glitter is larger in this than the other glitters, it's not nearly as opaque and would definitely do better as a layering polish than being opaque on its own!




Above: Excuse Moi!

Above: Macro Shot of Excuse Moi!

Last but certainly not least, Excuse Moi! is really the most different of all the glitters in this collection. For starters, the base is a jelly red with a hint of pink rather than clear. Secondly, there is no large silver hex glitter! Instead, there is microglitter the same shade as the base as well as multi colored glitter mixed in. Originally I thought it was just silver mixed in until I saw the macro shot and the rainbow that came through! This polish is definitely unique, I can't think of anything like it, and even though I'm not a pink girl I think it's pretty cool!

Whew, that was a LOT of polish and a LOT of swatching! I hope you enjoyed it! The Muppet Collection is starting to pop up at beauty supply stores and online, so if you want it, grab it while you can before this turns into another Alice in Wonderland Collection selling for ridiculous amounts of money online! Also be sure to check out my awesome friend Rebecca's blog HERE for what these glitters look like fully opaque as a full manicure!

What did you all think of this collection? Any must haves? Any dupes you can think of? What colors would you like to see any of these swatched over?

11 comments:

  1. I got mine today! I'm so excited to try them. thanks for showing the different coats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gonzo was the best Muppet, but all these polishes look so great on you! A weekend well swatched!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Gettin Miss Piggy With it!! It's a great holiday color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. They sparkle.. ;) My favourite is Excuse moi..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh!!! I am unsure of which I want now!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely some of my most favorite polishes of the moment! I LOVE Gone Gonzo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found all these glitters to be pretty but disappointing in the lack of coverage. I think the one that worked best for me is the pink one - Excusa Moi. The others are pretty but unless I have a base shade on, they just look too unfinished. I think folks should give some attention to the non glitter portion of this collection. over all not among my favs of OPI collections.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like all these nail polishes. Nice swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for all your great comments!

    @Beachgal - not to worry, the non-glitters will be posted today! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...