Monday, June 18, 2012

Pure Ice Vinyl Remix Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I hope you all had a lovely weekend!  I spent the weekend relaxing, hanging out in the park and swatching nail polish for you all!  Today, I have a new(ish) release from Pure Ice.


Here's the story with these polishes.  You start with their "Platinum Magic Base Coat" which is a pure white creme (and actually has a great formula, opaque in two coats.)



Then, you use one (or more) of the Pure Ice Vinyl Remix crackles on top that actually change the base color!  It's definitely a new take on the crackle trend!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!


Above:  DJ Spinner


Above:  Emcee Me


Above:  Glam Rock


Above:  Rave


Above:  Vintage Remix

I'm showing you all of these together because they all have the same idea and same formula, just different colors!  These polishes cracked really well and I like the idea of doing the different colors on white because if you want to get creative, you can just use multiple crackles in one manicure which is easier than doing multiple polishes underneath!  Here is a manicure I did with all of them:


Sorry not the most clear picture but you get the idea!  And, a great thing about these polishes is that they work over pretty much any light colored polish.  I tried it over greys from a few different brands and they still have the same effect!  Here are some macro shots using my new olloclip:


All in all, I think these polishes are a cute idea.  Are they a must have?  Probably not because any polish addicted person probably owns a black crackle already and would just paint a different colored base but they look nice and crackle really well.  So far I've only heard of these polishes being available at Walmart but hopefully they expand the release soon!

What do you think of this collection? Any must haves? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

11 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I agree that they may not be a must have, but it's definitely a fun polish. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw those at Walmart a while ago and *almost* bought the whole set, but managed to resist the urge. The good news is my budget isn't crying... the bad news is I don't have that awesome set of polishes.

    Must. Resist.

    I already have a good black crackle and more than enough colors to paint underneath, so I think I can safely avoid these ones. Even if I still kinda really want them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really cool! I don't know if I would like not having the freedom to chose what polish goes underneath though. But a really good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen those at my Wal-Mart yet! I even checked one out of state and no luck :( I'll have to keep checking because these are pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's kind of neat. I wonder how they look on top of a different colored base? Would be fun to experiment with the outcomes. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I kind of want these even though I am over crackle...the theme is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They definitely look like they crack well! I don't know they're a "must have" either, but it's nice to see some creativity in crackle polish. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw these in Wal-Mart the other day, but I don't think I'm sold on them. I like the color changing idea but not the crackle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gimmicky!Even I would want to play with these and I don't even like crackles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linked to this post! <3

    http://confessions-of-a-drugstore-junkie.blogspot.com/2012/07/vinyl-disappointment-pure-ice-vinyl.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...