Thursday, December 8, 2011

Deborah Lippmann The Future is Yours Swatches and Review

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  This is just a Deborah Lippmann filled week now isn't it?  Today, I have another gem from the Barney's exclusive collection.  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!







Above:  2 coats of The Future Is Yours

I absolutely believe that this is the nail polish we will all be wearing 500 years from now when we have colonies on the moon.  The Future is Yours is a very sheer white/purple/blue iridescent polish.  Now I'm careful with calling it iridescent and not duochrome because the color doesn't shift the way it does with a duochrome, but more has flashes of brilliance in different colors.  I liked this color ok but it was far too sheer for my liking.  So, I did what I do with all sheer polishes and layered it over one coat of Wet N Wild Black Creme:












Gorgeous!  Purple, teal, blue, turquoise, it's like a peacock!  This color is just stunning over black!  I can't wait to try it over a dark purple and a dark blue to see how it changes the flashes!

What do you think of this polish?  What colors would you like to see it over?

10 comments:

  1. I love the layering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its fabulous!! I love it on Black creme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it better over black-so freakin pretty! You really are on a DL kick arent' you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color. Especially over black. With this type of color, I always layer over a color is shows - purple, green, etc. What happens if you layer it over an opposite color? Like red or yellow. Does it turn into a hot mess?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful layered !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those colors are just great, that is exactly what matches my personality. Good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors and they last for what seems like FOREVER when it comes to nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love The Future Is Yours. it's very similar if not a dupe to OPI 'Breath of Life' which most places on ick-bay is cheaper than DL - esp since this is one that is a Barney's exclusive. I honestly don't see any difference in the 2 and I adore and have used Breath of Life a whole lot...topper and as a sheer but layering on about 4 coats to get the same effect you got in the first photos of DL here alone. There is one lady on eBay who sells the OPI version for charity - lung cancer which is what the OPI shade was originally created to recognize. She does not always have it listed, but she has gobs of it & has it cheaper than others always when I have seen it up ~$9.99 range.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...