Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Penguin Manicure Featuring Orly Sweet Peacock!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Today's post begins with a story.  I love penguins.  I always have.  On our first date that wasn't really a date, my now amazing boyfriend and I went to the Central Park Zoo and had a blast in the penguin house.  The first present he ever bought me was adopting me a penguin and a penguin necklace.  Every few months we go and check in on "our" penguins, so let's just say that penguins are near and dear to my heart.  When I first started doing some nail art, I promised him that at some point, I'd do a penguin for him!  So last night, the day finally came.  And now, without further ado, on to the polish!






PENGUIN!!!  Ok I know he's a little goofy looking, but it was my first try so I'm ok with it!  The base is the gorgeous Orly Sweet Peacock that was another gift from my awesome Secret Santa Anissa and what a stunning blue!  It was practically a one coater but I added a second for good measure but I love the gorgeous blue foil finish!  Then I drew both the penguin outline and the white belly by hand with Sinful Colors Stripers, did the eyes with a dotting tool and drew the beak and feet in gold by hand!  I can't help but smile today as I look down at my goofy little penguin!  I got the idea for the shape of this manicure from the amazing MaD Manis so check it out for a great tutorial!

What do you think?  Are you a penguin fan?  Have you been trying any fun nail art lately?

16 comments:

  1. You just sealed the deal for me with this manicure... I'm going to get the Birds of a Feather collection! LOVE the Sweet Peacock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's really cute! You did a good job on the penguin actually. Sweet Peacock is such a pretty color and I had wanted it for a while but I think it's a dupe to OPI Swimsuit...Nailed It! which I already have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!

    And Melissa - It's nothing like Swimsuit,...Naile'd It! the OPI is much darker and Sweet Peacock is much more turquoise! They are several shades different! so no dupe there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWW so cute, I love his sparkly beak and feets!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so, so, so, so cute, I love penguins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this squat little penguin. Great job! I wish I had picked up this Orly shade, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww it is such a durply little penguin! This is super cute <3 Love love love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your penguin looks adorable! Love this mani!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute that your BF adopted a penguin for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...