Friday, December 16, 2011

Fun Friday Featuring a Cupcake Manicure!

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers!  I realize that this whole week had "fun" manicures but today's manicure is extra special and this blog post is dedicated to someone awesome!  I've been at my job for over 2 years now and one of the best parts of it is I get to see my "work wife" Anoush every day!  She never fails to make me smile, she's an awesome person to be around (and she makes me coffee!) and I just love getting to hang out with her every day!  It helps that she loves nail polish as well and it's always fun when she comes over for a polish date or when I bring nail polish in for work for her to play with. Needless to say, we're very close!  Since today happens to me the lovely Anoush's birthday (Happy birthday Anoush!) I decided to do an extra special manicure for her!  She's an awesome baker and she loves glitter so I had to find a way to combine the two, so here is what I did for her!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!







CUPCAKES!  This was my first try at a cupcake manicure and I think it came out pretty cute!  The base is one of my favorite polishes, Deborah Lippmann Forget You, a black jelly packed with multi colored glitter!  Then for the cupcake, the base is Zoya Robyn with stripes of Essie Borrowed and Blue.  The icing is NARS Shiro-Nuri which is by far the most opaque white polish I've ever used!  Then lastly the cherry on top was from my Sinful Colors red striper and the sprinkles were Color Club polishes from the Poptastic collection whose name I can't remember!  It's a bit messy (and these pictures are pre-clean up) but I like my little cupcake!  Plus, you can never go wrong with a Deborah Lippmann glitter!

So happy birthday Ms. Anoush!  I can't wait to celebrate you and hope you like your special manicure!

What do you think of the cupcakes?  Have you done any fun Friday manicures recently?

14 comments:

  1. how suiting, yesterday was National Cupcake Day! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! This mani looks great! The cupcake looks so real :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute gesture for a good friend!! Really awesome cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cupcake is such a cute addition to this manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute! I love the way the cupcake turned out, especially the sprinkles. So yummy~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carly, this is great! I can't believe this is your first attempt!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. you did a great job!! looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a cute mani and very sweet dedication post =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love cupcakes and I love this manicure! I also like the fact that it's not the typical pink manicure too. I love the black jelly glitter polish!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want some cupcakes now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG I'm beyond jealous you have a Deborah Lippman polish :( Cute mani though :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very informative post thanks for share this with us i highly appreciate you for this information thanks once again for sharing information like this Very informative post Thanks for sharing with you, I appreciate this information thank you again for sharing information like this!………….:) clipping path

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...