Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Deborah Lippmann Edge of Glory Swatches and Review

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I'm sure at this point, if you've been reading my blog for awhile, you know my love of Deborah Lippmann nail polishes.  You also probably know my love of flakies.  So when I heard that Deborah Lippmann was doing a flakie, well let's just say that I did a happy dance and it was glorious.  This year for the holiday season, Barney's department store in NYC created "GaGa's Workshop," an amazing gift shop that was all Lady GaGa themed!  Deborah Lippmann created an exclusive, limited edition duo called Edge of Glory for the event:




Now, Edge of Glory is being marketed as a "two step 3D holographic" nail polish duo, however I don't really think holographic is the word they were looking for.  Rainbow flakies seems far more appropriate.  This duo includes both Edge of Glory which is a jet black cream as well as Edge of Glory Holographic which is a multi colored flakie top coat.  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!








Above:  2 coats of Edge of Glory with one coat of Edge of Glory holographic on top

Let's all just take a moment and look at the beauty of this polish.  In fact, I wouldn't even call these flakies, but I think they look more like chipped pieces of color that exploded on the nail.  I'm in love.

Edge of Glory itself is a jet black cream.  It's a bit thin so it takes two coats to reach full opacity, but let's be honest, no one is buying this duo for the black cream.  Edge of Glory Holographic Top Coat is amazing!  I see red, purple, blue, green, gold, pink AND orange flakies!  I love how the flakies really vary in size and how every nail looks different depending on how the light is flashing on them.  Let's see it indoors instead of in natural light:





I love how it looks more purple and blue in natural light and you get flashes of the brighter colors in sunlight!  This is absolutely unique in my collection and unlike any other flakies I own in both sizes and colors! 

Edge of Glory Holographic Duo goes for $45 on Barney's website (and you have to click through the Gaga's Workshop area to find it or click HERE) however 25% of all the money collected from Gaga's Workshop goes to the Born This Way Foundation.  Plus the box that it comes in is really awesome!  Bottom line is that I absolutely love this polish!  I plan on trying the Edge of Glory top coat over some other colors in the coming weeks so stay tuned!

What did you all think of this duo?  Do you love it or not so much?  What colors would you like to see it over?

11 comments:

  1. I'll tweet you when I get mine. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, but I don´t love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't love the colours so much, but the idea of 25% going to the born this way foundation is great! nail polish buying & charity = awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bought it! I can't wait to receive mine! I'm drooling!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost bought this but really think $45 is a lot for two polish charity or not. I must say I do like that top coat flakie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo ooo ooo I want it soooo bad! I'm supposed to be on a no-buy through Christmas, and your blog is oh so bad for me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the flakie top coat - you just see quality jumping off the web page. I think they used the holo term because that is such a buzz term that newbie nail folks know where as they don't probably know glass fleck or flakie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea Lippmann was doing flakies. I found out about this enamel as I was checking out the Sally's Special Effects collection. It looks like Asylum is a near dupe of EoG at a fraction of the price!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...