Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Snowflake Winter Manicure Featuring Zoya Kristen and Orly Royal Navy

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Life in New York has gotten a bit crazy lately between the holiday season that is upon us and my new found efforts to get into graduate school!  So please bear with me if my posting is slightly more sporadic in the upcoming weeks/months.  I am going to continuously be swatching when I can and sharing my nail polishes with you all!  So, since I didn't have time to swatch last weekend, you guys are going to be getting a lot of fun nails of the day and nail art!  Today I will show you my first two attempts at snowflakes that feature two brand new nail polishes!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!






Snowflakes!  I had so much fun doing this manicure!  This was actually my second attempt at snowflakes, the first I'll show you a bit further down.  Since Zoya has been doing all their flash promotions on their facebook page and twitter, I took advantage of one and got the three grey colors from the new Feel Collection.  What you see above is two coats of Zoya Kristen.  I LOVE this color!  It's a blue based Grey, very similar to Essie Chinchilly but more blue and it's such a gorgeous grey!  I knew I wanted something fun but subtle, so I figured silver snowflakes with my Milani Silver Nail Art Striper would show up a bit but be very pretty.  I was too afraid to try a snowflake on every finger so I only did two on each hand and on the other fingers I used a silver sparkle Sinful Colors nail art striper to make it look like falling snow!  I ended up loving the combination!



This was my first attempt at a snowflake manicure from last week!  I used Orly Royal Navy as the base that I got from a lovely nail polish secret Santa (Hi Anissa!  Thanks again, I love it!)  Royal Navy is a gorgeous deep blue with bright blue shimmer in it that's absolutely stunning!  I can't believe I never had this color before because I am in love with it!  I topped it off with an accent nail of a silver snowflake because it was one of those days that was bitterly cold and it just seemed to fit!

So there you have it.  Snowflake manicures!  I love them!  They are super simple to do and look so pretty!  What do you all think?  Have you tried a snowflake manicure yet?  Would you like to see a tutorial on how to do them?

14 comments:

  1. Gorg! I did a snowflake mani today too haha, great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The zoya promos are killing me, haha. I ordered 5 nail polishes last night with the 10 dollar off code and I have 4 coming to my door from a B2G2. I wish I had more money! There are people on there who have ordered at least 17 bottles of polish. I'm jealous. (;

    And the snowflakes are adorable. I like the second attempt much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually need remover and am hoping Zoya wil do another promo soon!! But yeah their promos get me in trouble! Love the snowflakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so pretty, Carly! I can't wait to get Kristen (also ordered off of one of the promos). It's gorgeous. Perfect for winter! Your snowflakes look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! These snowflake manis look amazing! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Kristen!! I put Connect the Dots on her.. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color combos and the big snowflake! you really made it look so perfect...like a sticker :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the look, esp with Kristin as a base - odd as I am of late big on blues. Thanks for the close up shot of one of the snowflakes. I think I can dupe it now that you gave us a good close up to show where to put the branching on the flake. I have to copy cat - I don't think I have anything original art wise I can do! Kristin is on my Zoya shopping list right now - thinking it's the only one I will get from the Feel collection, at least until I get the spoons for the whole collection to 'try them on.'

    ReplyDelete
  9. the snowflake looks great! I just did my first "french" manicure and let me say....my table didnt fair to well with the polish remover! haha but I am hoping to get enough skill to start doing art, and doing it well! Your snowflake makes me want to learn fast before winter is gone! Awesome, seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oohh ! these look perfect !! i like :) i following you now !!
    i wait u my blog..i wish follow me :)
    http://nzlsyn.blogspot.com/
    kisses..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...