Wednesday, January 16, 2013

NARS Disco Inferno for Spring 2013 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Wednesday to you all!  I hope you are all having a lovely week so far!  Today, I have a gorgeous new polish from one of my favorite brands, NARS, to show you.

 
 

Yes what you are seeing above is the same nail polish in different lighting and on its own vs. black!  Amazing right?  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!


 Above:  3 coats of NARS Disco Inferno with flash



 Above:  3 coats of Disco Inferno

Above:  Disco Inferno macro bottle shot

NARS describes this shade as being an iridescent silver green and that's pretty on point.  This is a sheer polish that's a light silver with tiny silver micro glitter that flashes green and a hint of purple depending on how the light is hitting it.  All the pictures above are three coats and you can see how different it looks depending on the lighting!  However since it is sheer, you can see that in direct lighting, there is some visible nail line.  An easy fix for that is putting 1 coat of a nude underneath.  However I wanted to try it out with a dark color so see below:





 Above:  1 layer of Disco Inferno layered over 1 coat of Kata

I am seriously in love with how this looks layered over black!  I used 1 coat of NARS Kata from the Kuroko Kabuki mini set which is a plain black creme and then put 1 coat of Disco Inferno on top.  It's amazing!  The iridescent and duochrome really shines when over a dark color plus you can see the glitter!

All in all, I think this was a great polish.  There are others that are close like Butter London Knackered however this is without the holographic glitter and has more of a flash over a dark color.  This also has more tiny silver glitter to it that really makes it multi dimensional.  If you are not a VNL fan like I'm not, then definitely layer this polish.  You could probably achieve full opacity at 4 coats but then you don't get the amazing flash you do when you layer it!  I'm looking forward to layering this over dark blues and purples to see how that changes the look!  This polish is now available on NARS website and at their stores for $18.


What did you think of this polish? Must have?  Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

9 comments:

  1. Awesome, but since I have Knackered I think I'l pass :) Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your third shot... perfection. So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one reminds me of OPI Not Like The Movies

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so beautiful over black.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty - this one reminds me a bit of the original OPI Not like the movies from the Katy Perry collection - sans the pink Not Like the Movies had in it. This green tinge in this one is really pretty. I love it on it's own despite it's still into the semi-sheer range. But we are seeing so many lighter shades going into this yr and not just in polishes - pastels - dusty lighter shades and B&W are huge this yr - with I guess we will see a rash of greens from the Panatone announcement but fashion will always interpret 'that it shade of the yr' they way they think 'it' will translate and sell!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unos tonos magníficos, son muy bonitos!

    Un besito desde  ❤sɔıʇǝɯsoɔƃuıʌol❤ te invito a que pases por mi blog a ver si te gusta y si es así a quedarte =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. really pretty! I actually haven't tried out a polish from NARS before! But I love their blushes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, loving this polish! I have OPI's Not Like the Movies, although I don't think they look that similar. Would love to own this myself!

    xx
    jamie sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...