Tuesday, January 22, 2013

OPI Mariah Carey Collection Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Tuesday!  I hope all those of you who had yesterday off had a nice three day weekend!  Today, I have a really fun post lined up for you all, including a new type of nail polish!


The OPI Mariah Carey Collection that was just released includes 4 of the new liquid sand texture!  If you follow my Instagram you've seen a lot of these already!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!


 
Above:  2 coats of A Butterfly Moment

A Butterfly Moment is a very pale peach toned nude that's full of gold shimmer.  I was a little worried it might have a frosty finish but in the end, you can barely see any brush strokes.  It's very pretty and glowy for a neutral.  The formula was good, opaque in 2 coats.


 Above:  2 coats of Anti-Bleak

Anti-Bleak is a very red toned purple.  It's not quite dark enough to be a plum but it's right on the border!  I was a little disappointed in the formula as it was not quite as opaque as I expect from OPI Creams.  It really needed a third coat to not be patchy at all.


Above:  1 coat of Pink Yet Lavender over 2 coats Anti-Bleak

Pink Yet Lavender is a glitter topper.  It's a clear base full of larger light pink hex glitters, smaller lavender glitters and tiny holographic glitters.  It's very girly and fun for Spring!  The formula was good, easy to get out the glitters and apply evenly.



Above:  2 coats of Sprung

Ah Sprung.  Sprung is a beautiful copper shimmery polish that has hints of gold and pink to it.  I really wanted to love this one but like On Her Majesty's Secret Service from the James Bond collection, the formula is rather thin.  I used 2 coats for these pictures and it is clearly not enough.  If you have the patience to build it up, it can be beautiful though!



 Above:  2 coats of The Impossible no top coat
Above:  2 coats of The Impossible no top coat macro olloclip shot

Above:  2 coats The Impossible with top coat

First of the liquid sand polishes is The Impossible.  The Impossible is a pink toned red jelly that's full of small glitters, red hexagonal glitters and holographic star glitters.  You definitely have to fish for the star glitters a bit but it's so cute!  This is one of the least textured looking in real life although the star glitters seem to stick out a bit.  Adding 2 coats of top coat give it a super glossy, smooth finish!



 Above:  2 coats of Get Your Number with no top coat

Above:  2 coats of Get Your Number macro olloclip shot

Above:  2 coats of Get Your Number with top coat

Get Your Number is a medium blue jelly base that's full of different sized glitter and bits of holographic glitter!  When the light hits it even without top coat you can see how sparkly it is.  I think this might be my favorite of the bunch!  The formula was good although a third coat would probably get rid of the VNL in direct light.


 Above:  2 coats of Can't Let Go with no Topcoat

 



Above:  2 coats of Can't Let Go with topcoat

Can't Let Go is a gorgeous royal purple full of different sized glitters.  I love it!  It's so rich and vibrant even without top coat and I love the liquid sand effect on this one!  The formula was very easy to use and I love it both with and without top coat!



 Above:  2 coats of Stay the Night with no topcoat

Above:  2 coats of Stay the Night no topcoat macro olloclip shot

Above:  2 coats of Stay the Night with topcoat

Last but not least is Stay the Night.  Doesn't this one look like asphalt?  Stay the Night is a black jelly like base full of pink small glitters.  This is the one I'm the most on the fence about, sometimes I love it and other times it's a bit odd.  The formula was great, easy to use.

All in all, I liked this collection!  I really liked the Liquid Sands, I think they are unique and something really special in the nail polish world.  I like seeing brands branching out and trying new things and this is definitely something new and different!  The Mariah Carey Collection is now available where OPI is sold!


What did you think of these polishes? Must have? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.


 

4 comments:

  1. Pretty nice polishes, I like Get Your Number and The Impossible the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got the blue and purple liquid sand there amazing. Also got the glitter one and the peachy one. Love them all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and pics! I was ready to hate this "liquid sand" line, but I love it, very different and new! My favorite is "Stay the Night" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted about these on my blog. Hope you can check it out. My favourite it Get Your Number.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...