Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Zoya Lovely Collection for Spring 2013 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy New Year to you all!  I hope you all had a great kick off to 2013!  Today, I have a super exciting new Spring collection to share with you all!


The Zoya Lovely collection for Spring 2013 comes out this month and is so pretty!  You may recognize a few of these colors that I reviewed for you during NYFW as some are from the Peter Som and Zang Toi collections.  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!!!



 Above:  2 coats of Zoya Blu

First up is Zoya Blu.  Blue is a lovely light blue creme that Zoya described as being "hyacinth" blue.  I love the shade for the Spring!  I found that applying three thin coats gave me more even coverage than just two.  The formula was easy to apply and looks fabulous!


 Above:  2 coats of Gie Gie

Gie Gie (which I still can't figure out how to pronounce) was part of the Zang Toi trio!  I was lucky enough to be invited to go to his fashion show where these were shows in September and it's still a gorgeous light pink full of silver shimmer!  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and easy to use!



 
Above:  2 coats of Jacqueline
 
Jacqueline, which was from the Peter Som Collection, is a full coverage yellow based nude.  It's halfway between a super pale yellow and a light nude to my eye.  The formula was good, opaque in 2 coats and easy to use.
 
 

 Above:  2 coats of Julie

Julie, named after Julie Macklowe who was the muse for Zang Toi's Spring 2013 Collection, is probably my favorite in this batch!  This lovely light purple is full of silver shimmer that almost gives it a metallic look!  I just love how springy and fun it is!  The formula was great, opaque in 2 coats and easy to use.



 Above:  3 coats of Neely

Neely is another polish I love from this collection.  Neely is a gorgeous light minty green shade that actually doesn't give me Lobster hands!  I love it!  The formula was similar to Blu so I used three thin coats to receive full opacity and evenness.




 Above:  2 coats of Piaf

I can honestly say I have never seen a shade like this before!  Zoya Piaf is a medium yellow that's full of silver shimmer like Gie Gie and Julie.  The shade is so unusual and I love that it's not just a pale yellow for a Spring collection!  The formula is great, opaque in 2 coats and just beautiful.


All in all, I liked this collection!  There are some solid pastel cremes in here which are a necessity for Spring and I really like how unique the shimmers are!  The Lovely collection went on sale yesterday on Zoya's Website for $8 each!


What did you think of these polishes? Must have? Any Dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

 
 

6 comments:

  1. These shades definitely scream Spring to me! I think I like Jacqueline most, although I am afraid it might clash horribly with my skintone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over how much I love Jacqueline. Its so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm deeply in love with Julie... What a lovely shade, so delicate and classy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pastels so much and this collection is gorgeous! I'm super excited about Blu and Julie especially :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Kelly said exactly :) I'm really intrigued by Jacqueline and Piaf but I'll have to see them in real life before I make my decision on them. Julie looks gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really really in love with Blu and Neely. I need to get my hands on them because I'm considering Blu for my wedding day manicure! So lovely and soft.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...