Friday, January 4, 2013

Nicole by OPI Selena Gomez Collection Swatches and Review!

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Friday!  I hope you all had a love first few days of 2013!  Today, I have a really bright and fun new collection by Nicole by OPI to show you!


Whew this is a big collection!  14 polishes in total so get ready to see lots of swatches!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!



 Above:  3 coats of Hit The Lights

First up is Hit the Lights, a BRIGHT yellow cream!  Now I'm not really a fan of yellows usually but this one actually looked good on me!  The formula was good, not as streaky as most yellows but I used 3 coats to even it out.



 Above:  1 coat of Inner Sparkle over 3 coats of Hit the Lights

Inner Lights is medium sized light purple and light pink hexagonal glitter with tiny gold glitters in a clear base.  I layered it over Hit the Lights and actually really like the combo!  This glitter is packed so all that glitter came out in one coat! 


 Above:  2 coats of Naturally

Naturally is a bright bubblegum pink with a bit of hidden silver shimmer to it when the light hits it just right.  The formula was good, opaque in two coats.




Above:  1 coat of Mi Fantasia over 2 coats of Naturally

Mi Fantasia is a periwinkle small glitter with greenish holographic bar glitter.  This isn't my favorite because it gives that kind of "hairy" look to it.  The formula was good, the glitter came out easily although you have to be careful with the bar glitter hanging over your tips.


 Above:  2 coats of Selena

Selena is a peach leaning pink shade that has a bit of a hidden silver shimmer to it when the light hits it right.  This is a shade that probably works on most skin tones and is nice for when you want something subtle.  The formula was good, opaque in 2 coats and easy to apply.




 Above:  1 coat of Sweet Dreams over 2 coats of Selena

Sweet Dreams is medium sized aqua and silver hexagonal glitters with smaller light purple glitters as well.  This is a great glitter for spring!  There is a LOT of glitter packed into here so a lot comes out on the nail.  The formula was very easy to work with and the glitter spread easily.


 
Above:  2 coats of Spring Break
 
Now this is a BRIGHT pink!  Spring Break is a bright pink creme that definitely has the perfect name!  The formula was a bit thick but 2 coats was perfectly opaque and easy to use! 




 Above:  1 coat of Kissed at Midnight over 2 coats of Spring Break

Kissed at Midnight is a combination of multi sized gold hexagonal glitters with a few silver hex glitters thrown in as well.  It is definitely more gold looking on the nail but up close you can see the silver.  The formula was good and easy to get the glitters out.



 Above:  2 coats of Love Song

Love Song is a pretty lilac polish with the hidden silver shimmer many of the polishes in this collection have.  The formula was good, opaque in two coats and easy to use.




Above:  1 coat of Stars at Night over 2 coats of Love Song

Stars at Night is another in a line of holographic bar glitter polishes lately.  I'm not a fan of bar glitters but if you are, this one is very holographic!  the formula was a bit thick but the glitter payoff was good.




 Above:  2 coats of Scarlett

Scarlett is more of a fuchsia to my eye but I love it!  This was really a stand out of this collection to me.  It's somewhere between a glass fleck and foil with hints of gold to it!  The formula was great, opaque in two coats.




 Above:  1 coat of Confetti Fun over 2 coats of Scarlett

Now I know what you're thinking, oh another rainbow glitter.  However Confetti fun also has a shimmer base to it that's really fun!  I always love a multi sized and colored glitter and this is no different.  The formula was really easy to use and color payoff was great!



 Above:  2 coats of Pretty in Plum

Pretty in Plum is a very nice red toned purple shimmer.  It has a kind of glowy look to it that's really nice in the light.  The formula was good, opaque in two coats and not at all streaky.



Above:  2 coats of Heavenly Angel over 2 coats of Pretty in Plum

I really wanted to like Heavenly Angel but the iridescent flakes were really hard to get out of the bottle.  I had to use two coats to get the amount of flakes you see in this picture above.  The rest of the glitters like this a la Color Club Covered in Diamonds are much easier to use.


All in all, this was a decent showing from NOPI.  Some of the shimmers like Scarlett were real stand outs to me and I enjoyed the glitter combinations they came up with.  The Selena Gomez Collection is now available for $7.99 per polish.


What did you think of these polishes? Must have? Any Dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

7 comments:

  1. Ooh I want Scarlett and Confetti Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice swatches! I really like 'Love song' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna get like three polish from this collection.Thanks for the swatches

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the polishes that don't have glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely getting Confetti Fun, Inner Sparkle, and Hit the Lights. I already have Kissed at Midnight and Mi Fantasia. But yeah, going back to CVS for the others before they sell out. Only no one I've seen has the cremes yet, just the glitter polishes, so I am still going to have Hit the Lights on my wish list. I haven't seen any dupes for it, and I have been looking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...