Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Illamasqua Limited Edition Rubber Brights Nail Varnish Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Tuesday to you all!  I am so excited about today's post!  As many of you know, I adore Illamasqua.  I think they are a fabulous, edgy company with great nail polishes.  One of the first lines of their I fell in love with was the Theatre of the Nameless rubber finish polishes last fall.  This past weekend I was at the grand re-opening of the Sephora in Union Square and was at the nail polish bar and saw that they had released 6 more rubber finish polishes for the Summer!

Above photograph provided by PR

Clearly I had to pick up 5 out of 6 (I skipped the yellow, just not a yellow person!)  They are absolutely stunning and I just LOVE the rubber finish!  According to the press release, these were inspired by the dominatrix rubber boot girls in Berlin in the 1920's!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!



Above:  2 coats of Aorta

First up is Aorta (side note that I love the name of this polish!)  Aorta is a very bright red creme, slightly pink leaning but definitely still a red.  This reminds me of the wax on the outside of the Babybel Cheese that I used to have as a kid!  (see this link HERE if you don't know what I'm talking about.)  I just love the look of these!  The formula is a little thick so less is more when applying so you don't get streaks but with two thin coats, I have perfect opacity and no streaking!



Above:  2 coats of Devotee

Devotee is a true bubblegum pink!  I honestly wouldn't think to make a non-shiny polish this color, and I'm really not a pink person, but this polish is kind of amazing.  I love that it's bright without being a neon and the rubber finish makes it more edgy than your average pink nail polish.  The formula was a bit thick so best to do thin coats.  Two coats gave me perfect coverage!





Above:  2 coats of Nurture

Wow.  This polish is BRIGHT!  I love a good neon green and Nurture definitely falls into that category!  It practically glows!  I seriously now want a pair of rain boots that match this!  Nurture is one of the stand outs in this collection to me, it's so vibrant and pigmented!  The formula was great, opaque in two coats!



Above:  2 coats of Prosperity

Prosperity is another standout for me.  Prosperity is a really rich, vibrant royal purple.  It's so bright and pigmented!  Prosperity is a bit blue leaning but it's the perfect shade for all year round because it's dark and rich and bright all at the same time!  It might be my favorite and the rubber finish just makes it really something special.  The formula was great, opaque in two thin coats and LOTS of pigment.



Above:  2 coats of Serenity

Last but certainly not least is Serenity.  Illamasqua describes this as a bright turquoise but it leans more robin's egg blue to my eye.  Either way, it's stunning!  I love that it's very bright but not neon like Nurture.  The formula was great, extremely pigmented and opaque in two coats.


And here is a fun "AJ Manicure" as the boyfriend invented last week using three of these:


All in all, this is a fantastic collection by Illamasqua.  They continue to be innovative and fun and I'm so glad they are expanding the Rubber line!  The finish on these are just so unique, they truly do look like your fingers were dipped in latex.  Definitely do not use a top coat with these or you will take away the rubber effect and they are really fast drying which is great!  Be careful when applying since the formulas are a bit thick but once you get used to the texture, they are really easy to use!  These polishes are available on Sephora's website and in some Sephora's plus will be available on Illamasqua's website!


What did you think of these polishes?  Any must haves?  Any dupes?

16 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I love the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors. I love Prosperity and Serenity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are beautiful~ I love the red and pink ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors! Prosperity and Serenity are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love the name Aorta - very clever! I really like Nurture and Serenity. Devotee and Prosperity look cool but I'm not sure how I feel about them yet; I want to go play with them at Sephora. Great swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Union Square Sephora - side note I can't believe they sell Julep in store! I've never tried the rubber finish polishes, I should get on that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look awesome and intriguing...I'm really curious on how the finish feels..is it kinda "squishy" ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am probably the minority here - but I never have been a fan of the rubberized finish at all. I want shinny and on occasion mate but rubber finish always looks to me like I did not use a good SV top coat and the surface has dulled it's first day shine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like these. I think Serenity is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carly! It's just from ZNPEG! Love love love your swatches! I really like Devotee, but it kind of reminds me of Zoya Lolly from the matte collection. Do you think Devotee is as bright as Lolly? I really hope not! Thanks for sharing your swatches with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You already know how I feel about these!! :) I need that blue! My hubs and I are both off work this week, so when he goes back on Friday, I'll have to sneak off to Sephora. (shhh! Lol) I hope mine the one by me has these! I, like you, am so excited they've expanded the rubber finish line. I didn't get to pick up any of the first three, as I didn't know about them til after the fact and my Sephora doesn't currently have them. I wanted Kink. My weakness is teals and turquoises. By the way, I am so envious of you living in NYC and getting to experience that city's awesomeness daily! I'm originally from NY state and haven't been to the city in years. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please Please Please tell me, that the blue is actually bright! I am on the search for the a bright sky blue, that isn't dusty!! :D

    They are all gorgeous by the way!! I love the green and Purple, and the blue of course!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, these are gorgeous, love Aorta and Prosperity!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All so so beautiful
    How much are these?
    Where can you buy them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...