Monday, August 13, 2012

Zoya Designer Collection for Fall 2012 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Monday!  I hope you are all having a fabulous start to the week!  I'm trying to get back into regular posting after adjusting to my new job (all the details on that to come soon, can't wait to share it with you all!) so now I'm playing catch up with my swatches!  I'll try to get caught up quickly so first, I'm going to show you the second part of the Zoya Fall 2012 collection that I started with the Designer Collection last month!  You also get to see my left hand on these swatches, which is rare, since my right hand was out of commission for a few days!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!

Abvoe:  2 coats of Evvie

First up is Evvie, which you may have seen on my blog before as part of the NYFW Peter Som custom box.  Evvie was described as being "eucalyptus" color.  It's kind of a greyed out teal, definitely more green than blue but falling somewhere between grey, steel blue and teal.  It's really a unique color and I love it for Fall!  The formula was great, opaque in 2 coats and very pigmented.



Above:  2 coats of Monica

Monica is a slightly dusty dark purple nail polish.  It's nowhere near being blackened, just a good, deep purple for fall!  The formula was great, opaque in 2 coats and lots of pigment.



Above:  2 coats of Natty

Natty is a faded denim blue color.  It's on the darker side but just reminds me of my favorite, worn in jeans!  It almost has a slightly dusty quality to it but still is very pigmented.  The formula was great, opaque in 2 coats!



Above:  2 coats of Noot

Is it just me, or does anyone else laugh when they say "Noot?"  Noot is like a darker, more grey version of Evvie to me.  Noot is a greyed out dark green that's just very unique, I honestly can't think of a dupe to this!  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and this will definitely be a Fall staple for me!



Above:  2 coats of Rekha

Sorry for the faded look to this photo!  I didn't realize it until I started to write this post!  Rekha (which you might have seen with the NYFW Bibhu Mohapatra box back in February) is a beautiful deep red creme.  This red is definitely blue toned and darker than a true red and it's absolutely beautiful!  It's dark enough to wear in the winter but bright enough to be a beautiful red.  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and lots of pigment!



Above:  2 coats of Toni

Lastly is Toni, a deep reddish purple berry shade.  I've definitely seen shades like this before but for people with not as quite a large collection, it's a good staple to have in the fall and winter months.  The formula was good, opaque in two coats!


All in all, I liked this collection but I LOVED the Diva collection.  These are some great Fall cremes (I especially love Evvie and Noot) and as usual, Zoya's quality is fantastic, all polishes were very pigmented and fully opaque in 2 coats.  This collection is available now wherever Zoya is sold for $8 per bottle.


What did you think of these polishes? Any must haves? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

1 comment:

  1. I like Evvie and Noot best, too; Evvie looks better with my skin tone, so that's the one I'll be getting. Personally... Natty makes me laugh. But that's another story.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...