Saturday, August 25, 2012

Zoya NYFW Fall 2012 Gloss Collection Swatches and Review!

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Saturday!  I don't usually post on the weekend but I'm adjusting to the new work/blogging schedule so I'm trying something new!  I've been meaning to get this post up for weeks so I hope you enjoy it!  I've already shown you the Designer and Diva Collections for Fall but Zoya had a third collection of three gorgeous jelly polishes as well!  I already showed you one, Katherine, several months ago when it came out as part of the NYFW boxes so now you get to see it again and the other two!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!



Above:  3 coats of Frida

Frida is hands down my new favorite jelly!  I love teal shades for Fall and Frida is a beautiful jewel toned dark teal jelly.  The visible nail line is not as visible in person as it is in these pictures and it's truly gorgeous.  Thin coats work best with with these jellies and the formula is very easy to work with once you figure out the consistency!



Above:  3 coats of Katherine

Katherine was created especially for Peter Som's Fall 2012 Fashion Show for NYFW back in February.  I'd say Katherine is somewhere between a plum and a raisin shade.  This jelly definitely had the best coverage of the group and with 3 coats, there is virtually no visible nail line and just a lot of squishy goodness instead!



Above:  3 coats of Paloma

Paloma is a bright raspberry jelly.  This seems to be the brightest and most pigmented of the bunch.  The squishy quality it has makes me actually think of fruit!  I really like that this is a bright shade but still appropriate for fall.  The formula was good, this was three thin coats and were easy to use.

I did my favorite "Carly" manicure with these to make a glitter jelly sandwich using Frida, Katherine and Essence Julia!  However I didn't want to use too many jelly coats so I did a coat of Zuza and a coat of Carly to go under the jellies!






All in all, I'm a big fan of these jellies!  I think it's great to see more companies coming out with them and especially in Fall colors like this are just gorgeous!  If you like the jelly look but don't want the visible nail line or want to use less coats, try a nude creme underneath to even out your nail tone first!  The Zoya Gloss Collection is now available on Zoya's website for $8 each!

What did you think of these polishes? Any must haves? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

5 comments:

  1. these are just gorgeous! and i love the combination of layering over a matching shimmery shade base color. it gives it an extra dose of bling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're really pretty, but I'm not a huge fan of sheer polishes. the layering looks amazing, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I love the jelly sandwiches. I just ordered this collection, I can't wait to receive it now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I compared Paloma to OPI Houston we have a purple and they are almost 100% dupes!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...