Thursday, August 9, 2012

LVX Summer 2012 Collection Swatches and Review!

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers!  I apologize in my lack of posting lately, I started a new job this week and as soon as I can share the details with you, I will!  But for today, I have a new brand to introduce you to!

Above:  Picture from Press Release

According to their press release:

"Chicago, July 5, 2012:  LVX releases the first ever fashion forward nail lacquer brand. The brand, meaning light in Latin, fuses emerging runway trends with timeless color palettes. “Nail polish provides a creative outlet to express your individuality. With that being said, we wanted to create a deeply devoted nail polish line that brought customers the feeling of luxury and opulence all while evoking personal style. Other brands focus on marketing a large variety of colors and finishes to attract a wide consumer base. The market lacked a brand that was focused around the top colors of the season. Our philosophy is shaped around analyzing the latest fashions and trends from renowned designers to determine the top shades that define each season.  Our colors are carefully selected to be not only the season’s top colors but to also exude a timeless essence,” says Branka Tomic, Founder and Creative Director for LVX.

The long lasting, chip resistant and non-streak formula is free of harsh and toxic chemicals. LVX products are formulated without the use of Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, DBP, Toluene, and Camphor. The brand is dedicated to providing top quality, socially responsible, and eco-friendly, luxury products without compromising quality, durability and finish. LVX nail lacquer is cruelty free. All products are produced in the U.S.A."

Now, without further ado, on to the polish!





Above:  2 coats of Avireo

Avireo is a light khaki green creme.  This polish is so pigmented that it has a cloudy look in the bottle with streaks of pigment but that doesn't happen on the nail.  The formula is so pigmented that it's practically a one coater but I used two for good measure.  The color is a nice play on a neutral but for us yellow toned gals, it might make you look a bit washed out.



Above:  2 coats of Callais

I LOVE Callais!  Callais is a gorgeous light blue creme.  I love how bright it looks on the hand without being over the top.  This color is perfect for Spring and Summer because it just pops!  The formula was excellent, opaque in two coats and not at all streaky!



Above:  2 coats of Ecru

Ecru is a peachy toned nude creme.  Now these kind of colors aren't usually my thing but if you like the mannequin hands look, this is a great edition to your collection because the formula is practically one coat.  If you need a good neutral, this is an excellent choice,  The formula was great, fully opaque in 2 coats and no streaks.


Above:  2 coats of Livid

Black is a really interesting choice with this collection but I kind of love that they stuck a black creme into a summer collection!  Livid is a pure black creme with a one coat formula.  I did a second coat out of habit but it really wasn't necessary.  It also dries glossy which is fabulous!



Above:  2 coats of Primrose

Primrose is a beautiful light yellow creme.  I was a bit worried because a lot of times I can't wear yellows because they make me look sickly but this one actually worked on me!  It's bright and summery without being neon and I will definitely be doing a pedicure with this one!  The formula was great for a yellow, opaque in two coats and no streaks!



Above:  3 coats of Vermillion

Vermillion is described as being a red tangerine creme on their website but I found the consistency to be a bit more jelly based.  This was the least pigmented of the group but I like that it has that slightly squishy feel to it.  I did three coats of this one because the formula was a bit more thin to reach full opacity.


All in all, this was a great first collection for LVX!  5 out of 6 polishes were very highly pigmented and practically one coaters.  The addition of a black creme in a Summer collection was not the usual and I like the edgy feel of it.  The formulas were all easy to use and people will like that they are big 5-free!  LVX polishes are sold on their website HERE for $16.


What did you think of these polishes? Any must haves? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

10 comments:

  1. I've never heard of these polishes but they look nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice polishe shades. Callais is definitely my favorite shade from these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! I really love Callais!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The packaging's great! The colors are lovely, too. I like Avireo, Ecru, and Livid the best... a one-coat, glossy black sounds perfect to me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with others, I like the packaging and the Callais color. However, for $16, I prefer to save my money for more unique polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not that blown away. I would have to see them in person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to hear about the job! Love the polishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...