Wednesday, August 29, 2012

KB Shimmer Fall 2012 Collection Swatches and Review!

!Good evening my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Wednesday!  I don't usually post at night but this is for a special collection!  Tonight, I have 5 of the fabulous new glitter nail polishes from indie brand KB Shimmer's Fall collection!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!




Above:  3 coats of Jack

First up is Jack!  Jack is a fabulous Halloween themed nail polish.  It's a black jelly full of orange glitter in all different shapes from hexagons to bar glitter to tiny little round glitters!  I love how great it looks with all the layers, like a pre-made Halloween glitter jelly sandwich!  The formula was great, not too thick, opaque in 3 coats and the glitter was easy to get out!  Top coat smoothed out all the roughness from the glitter




Above:  2 coats of Oh Splat!

I love white polishes with rainbow glitter and Oh Splat! is no exception!  Oh Splat! is a fairly opaque white nail polish with multicolored small and large hexagons scattered throughout.  It reminds me of funfetti cake!  Two coats and a top coat made it perfectly opaque and smooth plus the glitter was super easy to get out!




Above:  3 coats of Quantum Leaf

This is the only polish I swatched without a top coat so you guys can see that while they dry gritty, they even out really well with just one coat of topcoat.  Quantum Leaf (love that name) is the perfect Fall polish.  It reminds me of the trees in autumn!  This is an orange jelly packed with gold and red glitters.  It's really beautiful for Fall without being dark!  The formula was great, the the glitters were easy to get out and three thin coats made it opaque!





Above:  2 coats of Toucan Touch This

Toucan Touch this is a really vibrant lime green jelly full of bar and hexagonal glitters in blue, yellow, orange and green glitter.  I was surprised to see a shade like this in a Fall Collection but I love the unexpected!  Even on my skin tone it didn't made me look too washed out!  The formula is great, opaque in two coats and the glitter was easy to get out.






Above:  2 coats of Witch Way?

I took a lot of pictures of this one because I wanted to show the amazing glitter!  Witch Way? is another Halloween themed polish!  This is a stunning deep dark purple jelly full of holographic glitter!  I love how it glows when the flash hit it!  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and just really beautiful!


All in all, this is a fabulous collection!  There are a few other colors that I don't have but I've seen some swatches and they are gorgeous!  I love that all the glitter was easy to get out with these, no fishing for them and the formulas all went on very smooth with no dragging!  The Fall collection will be out on September 1st at their website HERE!  

What did you think of these polishes? Any must haves? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

9 comments:

  1. I love these!! I adore Oh Splat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Toucan Touch This is so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toucan Touch This is my favorite. Love that color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jack, it looks so spookily awesome. Oh Splat looks really fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Splat! and Toucan Touch This are my faves! They're really cool, pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 coats of Jack and witch way are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the Witch Way. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just received my two polishes that I ordered from them: Oh Splat, and Band Geek. I am the BIGGEST fan of these polishes!! They are so stunning, so beautiful, and apply wonderfully. I also love how quickly they dry.

    Beautiful swatches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...