Thursday, August 16, 2012

Butter London Macy's Exclusive Nail Polish in Brummie, Cake-Hole and Squatter Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Thursday to you all!  This afternoon I have some really fun polishes for you.  I was browsing through various websites when I came across three polishes on Macy's site from Butter London that were exclusive to them! 


The names cracked me up and I love the bright colors so clearly I had to buy them! Now, without further ado, on to the polish!


Above:  2 coats of Brumnie

First up is Brummie, a gorgeous, deeply saturated violet!  Now Butter London calls this one a creme however the formula is almost a bit jelly like.  You can see on my middle finger that there is a bit of patchiness so a third coat would really even it out and make it even more vibrant.  I love the bright shades like this for summer!  If you want to wear this one without top coat, it dries to a semi-matte finish but I prefer the top coat since it's isn't a true matte or rubber.



Above:  2 coats of Cake Hole

Haha, cake-hole, it was seeing this name that prompted me to look into this collection!  Cake-Hole is a bright pink creme.  This is a vibrant shade of pink without being neon and looks really cute on!  The formula was great, opaque in 2 coats and that semi-matte finish when dried on its own.



Above:  2 coats of Squatter

I'm surprised how much I'm in love with Squatter!  Squatter is a bright, lime green without being a neon green.  It's kind of one of those ugly/pretty colors that I was expecting to be too yellow toned for my skin but somehow, I kinda love it!  This one is an actual creme and dried shiny on me so the formula was very easy to work with and opaque in two coats!

Now just a picture of a manicure I did with all 3 last week:


All in all, I really liked these polishes!  The finish on Cake-Hole and Brummie are really interesting in how they are almost jelly-like when applying but then have a semi-matte finish on the nail!  For now these colors are exclusive to Macy's and to Butter London's Website for $14 a piece.

What did you think of these polishes?  Any must haves?  Any dupes?

11 comments:

  1. Brumnie is my favourite <3
    please check out my last nail art :) http://konadnails.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that purple. it's gorgeous! they all three look great on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg love the mani with squatter and brinie. I saw them at Macy's too
    Now I want to go back for squatter

    ReplyDelete
  4. lawd a'mercy!!! I'm sure I'd never keep the names straight. I'd end up with Bum hole and cake squatter....that aside, the colors are great and go really well together! I love how you're wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These names are seriously hilarious. Cake-hole and Squatter. How lewd. Uh, anyway.... I really like Brummie. I think it'd make a gorgeous pedi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! These are lovely!! Thanks so much for posting! I rarely peruse Macy's so these easily could have passed me right by! These are so happy and summery! Kind of an odd time to release them... but I suppose just because everyone is releasing fall items doesn't mean summer is over just yet! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alright Carly... RUDE! I innocently click on the link in my reader right before I need to really get moving to get to work because you're posting about Macy's Exclusive Butter London's and... I mean, I can't NOT read that immediately! And THEN ~ I get a faceful of your "most popular posts" including the whole Fall BL collection swatched, all the new Essie Metallics and... *GASP* the new Illamasqua Rubber Brights Collection?!? OMG!!! I can't get to work on time now! It would really help me out if you refrained from having such a high volume of awesomeness on your blog at any one given time so I wouldn't get stuck here way longer than is appropriate! ; )

    What are the signs of addiction again...? The activity is impacting over areas of your life such as work and family... Attempts to blame others for reasons why you are unable to quit... hmmmm... ; D

    Seriously though... Love all the swatches! And so excited about some of these collections!!! Can't wait to drool over those Illasmasqua swatches! AFTER work! =) Or at least during... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doh! *Illamasqua. See, now I'm so dazzled by all the pretty colors I'm losing my ability to spell! ; )

      Delete
  8. Super Pretty! I love the Pink!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...