Friday, October 12, 2012

Color Club In True Fashion Fall 2012 Collection Swatches and Review!

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Friday to you all!  I apologize for the lack of posts this week, been super busy with work and just celebrated my 3 year anniversary yesterday with the boyfriend!  Today, I have a gorgeous Fall collection to show you all:



I'm having way too much fun with these collages lately!  The Color Club In True Fashion Collection consists of 12 shades that were released for Fall 2012.  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!


 Above:  2 coats of By Design

By Design is a deep, pink based plum creme.  This polish looks super rich and pigmented for Fall!  The formula was a bit thin but 2 coats pretty much evened it out to be fully opaque!





 Above:  2 coats of Editorial

I was trying to show off the duo chrome properties of this polish, hence all the pictures!  Editorial is yet another Chanel Peridot Dupe and it's just as beautiful as all the others!  This is a gold to green duo chrome with the slightest bit of brush strokes.  The formula was good, opaque in two coats and if you don't already have a version (or 5) of this one, I recommend it!


 Above:  2 coats of Fashion Moment

Fashion Moment is a very dark blackened purple creme.  At first, I honestly wasn't sure if this was black, brown or purple and I kind of love that about it!  It's dark and mysterious for Fall!  The formula was a bit thin, you can see some of the patchiness on my pinkie nail but 3 coats should even that out!


 Above:  2 coats of First Looks

First Looks is a beautiful blackened navy base full of lighter blue shimmer.  I adore this one!  It looks like it's lit from within and that the blue shimmer just glows from the center.  It's stunning!  The formula was good on this one, opaque in two coats and just beautiful.


 Above:  2 coats of In The Limelight

In The Limelight is somewhere between a cobalt and a periwinkle blue creme.  There are definitely hints of purple to it and it's not as dark as a cobalt but has the same vibrancy.  I adore it!  I also love that this looks like it belongs in more of a Spring collection so that makes it unique.  The formula was good, opaque in two coats!


Above:  2 coats of Look Book

Look Book is a bright red creme that definitely has some pink to it.  The color is bright and fun for Fall and surprised me in a Fall collection which I loved!  The formula was good, opaque in 2 coats!



 Above:  2 coats of Model Behavior

Model Behavior is a copper/bronze shimmer with a ton of orange to it!  It's so warm and inviting, definitely reminds me of leaves on an Autumn day!  The formula was good, opaque in two coats and lots of pigment to this one.


 Above:  2 coats of Muse-ical

Muse-ical is a deep, dark grey creme with a hint of green to it.  It kind of reminds me of NARS Storm Bird.  I love greys so I loved this one!  The formula was a bit thick on this one but two coats had it perfectly opaque.


 Above:  3 coats of Personal Stylist

There was a hint of purple to this one so I was hoping for a duo chrome but the effect didn't really show on the nail.  Regardless, Personal Stylist is a beautiful vibrant bright blue shimmer.  The formula was kind of thin so it took me three coats for full opacity but it's a really pretty color so I can overlook that!


 Above:  3 coats of Port Folio

I've seen this described as a duo chrome but I don't think it is is, I just think that the base is purple and the shimmer is green but either way, I love it!  Port-Folio is a medium blue based purple base full of light green shimmer.  If the Incredible Hulk was a nail polish, this would be it!  It's really interesting to see two such contrasting shades together!  The formula was a bit thin so it took 3 coats of full opacity.


 Above:  2 coats of Show Time

Show Time is a deep charcoal grey full of tiny silver glitter.  I love it!  It's so festive and fun but still dark and vampy!  The formula was a bit thin, this was only 2 coats and I could have benefited from a third!


Above:  2 coats of Style Icon

Style Icon is a darker red creme.  The bottle makes it look darker than it ends up on the nail.  I love that it's deep for Fall but still vibrant enough to not be vampy!  The formula was good, opaque in two coats.


All in all, I liked this collection for Fall!  It's a good mix of standard cremes, a glitter, some duo chromes and beautiful shimmers.  Virtually all of the colors were colors I would wear and while some of them needed three coats, the formulas were good.  The Color Club In True Fashion Collection should be available now wherever Color Club is sold!

What did you think of these polishes?  Must have?  Any Dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

6 comments:

  1. Mmmm yes I think I'm going to have to go get a few of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving In The Limelight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apart from Fashion Moment and Port Folio this collection does not really wow me :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty colors! Love that Editorial gold and green!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great post! I haven't seen too much about this collection and there are more colors I like in here than I thought I would! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...