Tuesday, October 2, 2012

OPI Pink of Hearts 2012 Swatches and Review!

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Tuesday!  As you may know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  While I have been fortunate enough that my family has not been personally affected by Breast Cancer, it's a disease that afflicts many women and is important to highlight.  Whether we are personally affected by a disease or not, I think it's important to recognize them and fight for a cure.  Each year, many brands release Breast Cancer Awareness nail polishes and OPI is at the forefront of that.  This year OPI is set to donate $25,000 in the US and $5,000 in Canada.  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!

 Above:  OPI Pink of Hearts 2012 Packaging


 Above:  2 coats of I Think in Pink

I think in pink is a light pink sheer jelly polish.  As you can see, it's not fully opaque in 2 coats but would probably even out in three.  This would be a great jelly polish to try a jelly sandwich with!   The formula is a bit thick so you want to wait a few minutes between coats to avoid dragging.


Above:  2 coats of You Glitter Be Good To Me

You Glitter Be Good To Me is small light pink micro glitter packed with larger, dark pink hexagonal glitter.  I love how the two glitters together really compliment each other!  Plus, there was so much glitter that with two coats, it was practically opaque!


Above:  2 coats of I Think in Pink with 1 coat of You Glitter Be Good To Me

Lastly, I wanted to show you these two together because they are so cute as a set!  The pinks really compliment each other and I love how just one coat of You Glitter Be Good To Me is so sparkly!


All in all this is is a great collection for a great cause.  I just love how sparkly You Glitter Be Good To Me is!  Whether Breast Cancer has affected you personally or not, approximately 1 in 8 women will be afflicted by this disease so it's important we find a cure and I'm so happy to see the beauty industry helping to raise awareness.  The OPI Pink of Hearts Collection is available wherever OPI is sold for $14.95 per pack.

What did you think of these polishes?  Must have?  Any Dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

5 comments:

  1. I really like the two of them together. Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just wonderful :)
    http://she-is-the-1.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the combo :) The glitter is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm such a fan of that jelly pink! Not like it's the most original lol but for some reason I love that even more than the glitter! Seriously love when a company does something for such a good cause :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh awesome! I bet these would look great together as a jelly sandwich!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...