Monday, October 1, 2012

GlitterDaze A Charmed Halloween Collection Swatches and Review!

Good evening my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Monday to you all!  I hope you all had a nice, relaxing weekend like I did!  Tonight, I have my first Halloween Collection of the year to show you!


Above are all macro bottle shots of the GlitterDaze A Charmed Halloween collection.  I have to admit, I got super excited when I saw this collection because I was the biggest Charmed dork back in the day. I think I just love Shannon Doherty and magic!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!




Above  3 coats of Book of Shadows

First up we have Book of Shadows, described by GlitterDaze as a leathery brown "crelly" (hybrid of a creme and a jelly.  I have to admit that is pretty spot on!  This is a light milk chocolate brown full of gold and broke glitter in hexagons, squares and shards.  This color just screams Autumn to me!  The formula was pretty good, I had full opacity at 3 thin coats and didn't have to hunt for glitter!





Above:  3 coats of My White Lighter

I'm an idiot and didn't realize this polish was glow in the dark until I just read it in the description!  I promise glowing pictures to come soon!  My White Lighter is a light blue creme base full of 3 different sized sky blue glitter.  It's so dainty and pretty looking!  I did find that the formula on this one was fairly thick and definitely needs a few drops of nail polish thinner.




Above  3 coats of Source of All Evil

Hands down, this is my favorite polish of this collection!  Source of All Evil is a black jelly full of orange, green and purple small hexagonal glitters and iridescent shards!  The shards make it so fun and sparkly!  The formula on this one was good, three thin coats had it mostly opaque and you can easily layer this over black for maximum effect!




Above:  3 coats of The Charmed Ones

The Charmed Ones is a medium grey jelly polish full of blue, silver and black glitters in different sizes as well as some iridescent shards.  I love the different glitters in this one!  It reminds me of Winter in NYC for some reason.  The formula was good, mostly opaque in 3 coats however I'd probably layer it over a grey the next time I wear it.





I wanted to show you some different Halloween looks with The Power of Three above so the orange is NYC Pumpkin and the black is Black Expressionism by Finger Paints.  The Power of Three is all different sized iridescent glitter in a clear base.  This is definitely meant to be a layering polish and I love how completely different it looks over the bright orange and pure black!  The formula was really easy to use and this is just one coat above!




Above:  3 coats of Vanquishing Demons

Last but not least is Vanquishing Demons, a true blood red jelly polish full of gold shimmer with small black shards in it!  I love it!  It's so horror movie!  I will definitely be rocking this polish!  The formula was great, seemed thin but built up nicely in three coats.


All in all, I love this collection and the names!  I really like seeing more people getting into shredded glitter and the iridescent shreds in Source of All Evil really got me!  This collection was released today so hurry on over to the GlitterDaze shop and pick up any bottle for $11 for 14ml if you want them for Halloween!


What did you think of these polishes?  Must have?  Any Dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

4 comments:

  1. as a not-so-big fan of shredded glitter, least of all black shred, i am LOVING vanquishing demons! that one will likely find a home with me soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVING My White Lighter and Source of All Evil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I seriously love these polishes. My faves are White Lighter and Vanquishing Demons. I was a massive Charmed dork, too! So glad to see others who loved that show, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...