Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Literary Lacquers Dracula Collection Swatches and Review!

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Tuesday to you all!  I hope your week is shaping up to be ok so far!  It's gloomy and rainy in NYC today so what better than to show you another Halloween Collection?


Literary Lacquers is an indie nail polish brand that is new to me and names all of their polishes after literary references which I love!  Since I was a kid, I've always loved to read so I love the idea behind this!  The Halloween collection is based off of Dracula which is just an amazing book.  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!


 Above:  3 coats of Mina

Mina is a blackened purple jelly full of bright purple square an smaller more rounded glitters as well as silver hexagonal glitters.  It's so vibrant and fun for Fall!  Plus I love anything with square glitters so I fell in love with this.  The formula was good, a bit thick so I found three thin coats helped it to be opaque without dragging the glitters!



Above: 3 coats of Lucy

Lucy is a blackened ruby jelly full of small red glitters, red square glitters and silver hexagonal glitters.  It's basically Mina in red form!  It's super pretty with lots of depth.  The formula was a bit thick on this one as well but three thin coats gave it full opacity.


Above:  The Count

The Count is a charcoal jelly full of different sized black glitters.  Since the formula was sheer, on my middle finger I layered it over an orange and I love how it totally changed the color!  This formula was the most thin of them all but three coats made it mostly opaque.

All in all, I liked these polishes.  I love using Dracula as a theme and the fact that there are square glitters, well that has me sold!  They are currently on sale at the Literary Lacquers Etsy Store for $11 a piece which is a bit high for an indie polish but the colors are very fun for Fall.


What did you think of these polishes?  Must have?  Any Dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

8 comments:

  1. cool! I've never heard of this brand before. I love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucy and count are my favorites, but even the colors are gorgeous they seem a little bit chunky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cat is named Mina after the character in Dracula!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really pretty and I love the idea of the company and its name. The price however is definitely a bit off-putting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your lovely swatches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...