Tuesday, November 29, 2011

China Glaze Let It Snow Holiday 2011 Collection Part 1 Swatches and Review

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Today, I have the first part of the China Glaze Let It Snow Holiday 2011 Collection!  I bought 9 out of the 12 polishes in this collection and bought them as sets in and of themselves so today you get to see the Winter Ice portion!


As per the name, this part of the collection features blues, greys, silvers and sparkles!  This is actually my favorite of the sets so I wanted to show it off first!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!



Above:  2 coats of Blue Year's Eve

This polish is stunning!  This is truly a perfect royal blue shimmer!  I truly fell in love when I put this polish on.  It was almost a one coater but I put on a second coat for full opacity.  I just love how deeply pigmented this polish is!  It's such a great fall/winter color.  In fact, I'm looking at the swatch of this right now (I swatched it a couple of weeks ago) and I want to put it back on tonight!  As far as I know, no staining with this blue either!




Above:  2 coats of Tinsel Town

Tinsel Town is a gorgeous charcoal grey micro glitter that also has larger, hexagonal glitter packed into it.  Fully opaque in 2 coats, to me it looks like glittering pavement.  I love it!  As many grey and silver polishes that I own, I don't have a dupe to this.  I've been wearing it as a pedicure for about 2 weeks and it's just so pretty!  I love how it's dark but glamorous with all the glitter.  It is a bit of a pain to remove, but totally worth it!




Above:  2 coats of Icicle

Icicle is a very pretty silver foil.  I have a lot of silver foils, some are lighter, some darker, some more sparkly, and Icicle is a pretty standard light smooth silver foil.  It's pretty but not the most unique.  It is fully opaque in two coats and would be great as a base for layering!





Above:  1 coat of Snow Globe over various polish and bare nail

Last but certainly not least is Snow Globe.  You may remember that I recently did a comparison of Snow Globe to MAC Unconditionally Fabulous and found that they were fairly close!  Above you can see Snow Globe over my bare nail as well as the other 3 polishes in this collection.  Look how stunning it is over Blue Year's Eve!  Here is a macro shot of it:



Absolutely stunning!  I just want to layer Snow Globe over everything!


So there you have it!  The first 4 polishes from the China Glaze Let It Snow Collection!  So far, I'm very impressed with these polishes!  They are all opaque in 2 coats (with the exception of Snow Globe of course) and very pigmented.  Blue Year's Eve is definitely my favorite!

What do you think of these polishes?  Any must haves?  Any dupes?

13 comments:

  1. Blue Year's Eve and Snow Globe are my favorites in this collection!! So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty and I looove the cute little pendant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Tinsel Town and Icicle. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tinsel Town looks just like Nicole's Nickle by OPI's Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow Globe is a huuuuge lemming (Am I even using it right?0 of mine! It looks amazing and now I'm jealous xP

    I feel like...all of these colors have been done. so many times, although I guess at this point, unique colors are hard to find. I mean blue, silver, grey glitter, and rainbowy glitter in a clear base to layer with. I mean they're pretty, just not new =/ Did you feel like they were worth buying or too easily dupeable?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tinsel town looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not loving these at all! But i'm boring that way!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All very pretty! I love Blue Year's Eve with Snowglobe over it!

    I am nominating you for the Versatile Blogger Award! I already have the post up about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blue Year's Eve + Snow Globe = perfection. Great pictures. I hadn't thought to do Tinsel Town as a pedicure but it sounds like it would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A man may usually be Runescape Gold Sale known by the books he reads Runescape Gold as well as by the company he keeps; for there is a companionship of Runescape GP books as well as of men; and one should always live in the best company, whether it be of books or of men.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jimmy started painting when he was three years old, and when he was five archeage gold, he was already very good at it. He painted many beautiful and interesting pictures, and people paid a lot of money for them. They said, "This boy's going to be famous when he's little older, and then we're going to sell these pictures for a lot more money." Jimmy's pictures archeage money were different from other people's because he never painted on all of the paper. He painted on half of it, and the other half was always empty. "That's very clever," everyone said, "Nobody else does that!" One day somebody bought one of Jimmy's pictures and then said to him, "Please tell me this, Jimmy. Why do you paint on the bottom archeage gold half of your pictures, but not on the top half?"

    ReplyDelete
  12. The significant inscription found on an old key---“If I rest Atlantica online Gold, I rust”---would be an excellent motto for those Atlantica Gold who are afflicted with the slightest bit of idleness. Even the most industrious person might adopt it with advantage to serve as a reminder that, if one allows his faculties to rest, like the iron in the unused key, they will soon show Atlantica online Gold signs of rust and, ultimately, cannot do the work required of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...