Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 8 Featuring Givenchy Noir Celeste

Good afternoon my fellow Lacquered Lovers!  First things first.  This is my 150th post!  So fun!  In case you haven't noticed, I get excited by numbers!  Now, that being said, I have a fun nail polish to celebrate with!  When the Sephora Friends and Family sale was going on a few weeks ago, I took advantage of the 20% off EVERYTHING!  This is one of the polishes I got.  So now, without further ado, on to the polish!






Above:  2 coats of Noir Celeste over 1 coat of OPI Nail Envy

I have never bought a Givenchy nail polish before (or anything for that matter) but I really like how polite they are!  Look, their nail polish line is called Vernis Please!  Polite AND enthusiastic!  Gotta love that!  Noir Celeste is a limited edition from their holiday 2011 collection.  At first glance, it's not that exciting and kind of just looks black.  However it has tiny dark silver or gunmetal glitter strewn throughout that gives it a great "stars in the night time" look.  This is a great alternative for people who don't want huge silver flecks like NARS Night Breed.  The dark silver glitter effect is subtle, but make this more special than a plain black polish.  Here is a macro shot:


Ok not my best macro shot but you get the idea!  The sparkles just give it a bit of a glowy look to it that is great for the holidays when you want to be fancy, but a bit edgy.

Givenchy Noir Celeste is available exclusively at Sephora for $16.50.  Bit of a hefty price tag given how small the bottle is, however you could easily layer this over a cheap plain black to make it last longer.  I was a bit disappointed in the brush since it was a bit bushy in my opinion and for that kind of a price tag (even with 20% off it was still well over $10) I'd like a bigger bottle, but win some, lose some.  It's a nice polish, fully opaque in 2 coats and I'll definitely wear it again!

Be sure to check out the other bloggers doing the 30 days of untrieds challenge!

Always Polished
The Polished Momma
Addicted to the Allure of Beauty
Follow The Yellow Polished Road
Something Creative
Good Lack Nail
Adventures in Acetone
Nails Adored
Fierce Makeup and Nails
Cherry Glam Girl
Lucky Lacquers
Haute Lacquer
Nailed To The T
Glazed Talons
Shadow's Nail Art
Je Taime Lacquer
Limited Addiction Nails
Nailtopia
Pretty and Polished

What do you think of Noir Celeste?  Have you ever tried any Givenchy polish before?

7 comments:

  1. I have never tried Givenchy nail polishes, but this one looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this polish! I wish I took advantage of that Friends & Family sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I don't often see swatches of Givenchy, so it's very refreshing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have any. But it is pretty. I dunno pretty enough for the price.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is lovely! i like the subtle sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies! it's definitely a pretty polish, however I don't think it justifies the price tag, especially since it's so small!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two men were travelling in a very wild and lonely part of America buy age gold.For days they had not even seen a house, only a few huts made of wood, or tents made of skins.Then one day they met an old Indian who earned his living by trapping animals for heir fur cheap age gold. They found that he knew their language and they had a little conversation with him.One of them asked him if he could tell them what the weather would be like within the next few days age gold buy.“Oh yes,”he said.“Rain is coming, and wind.Then there will be snow for two days, but after that there will be bright sunshine”

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...