Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 11 Featuring NARS Purple Rain

Good afternoon my fellow Lacquered Lovers and happy Friday to you all!  For this gorgeous Fall day, I wanted something vampy and beautiful so I looked at all my untrieds and yep!  There it was!  A beautiful dark purple.  And not just any purple, but actually the first NARS I ever bought but somehow never tried!  So now, without further ado, on to the polish!







Above:  2 coats of NARS Purple Rain with one coat Seche Vite

Did anyone else immediately think of Prince, or the Artist Formerly Known as Prince or a weird symbol when they saw the name of this polish?  I know I always do!  NARS Purple Rain is a stunning dark purple shimmer that is definitely on the warmer side.  In direct light, it almost looks like there is some pink shimmer in there!  This is one of those gorgeous, glowy, lit from within colors that I just adore in the Fall!  Let's look at macro shots took in two different lighting situations:




It's so pretty!  I can't believe I hadn't tried this yet!  This is definitely one of the best colors I've tried so far in my 30 days of Untrieds.  I'm in love!  NARS generally retails for $17 and can be found at Sephora and many high end department stores.

As always, check out the other lovely bloggers participating in the challenge:

Always Polished
The Polished Momma
Addicted to the Allure of Beauty
Follow The Yellow Polished Road
Something Creative
Good Lack Nail
Adventures in Acetone
Nails Adored
Fierce Makeup and Nails
Cherry Glam Girl
Lucky Lacquers
Haute Lacquer
Nailed To The T
Glazed Talons
Shadow's Nail Art
Je Taime Lacquer
Limited Addiction Nails
Nailtopia
Pretty and Polished

What do you think of Purple Rain? Have you found any gems in your untrieds?

6 comments:

  1. Its beautiful Carly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes of course all I think about is that Prince movie! Such a pretty purple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beauty! Definitely one of my favorite purple shimmers! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. In some shots it looks sort of plum like but in the other almost royal purple. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...