Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 10 Featuring Deborah Lippmann Stairway To Heaven

Good morning my fellow Lacquered Lovers! So, I have to confess. I cheated. I had a really busy night after work yesterday and got home very late and was so exhausted that I didn't have it in me to paint my nails before I passed out! So this morning, I grabbed another untried and just threw it on over yesterday's Man of La Mancha. So, I apologize for the cheat, however it is still technically an untried polish so I think I can get away with it. So now, without further ado, on to the polish!

Above: Stairway to Heaven over OPI Man of La Mancha over OPI Ink

So if you recall from yesterday, I had OPI Ink with OPI Man of La Mancha on top. Gorgeous multichrome. So this morning, I decided to try my new Deborah Lippmann Stairway to Heaven. I actually kind of like this combination! Stairway to Heaven is a sheer white, kind of thick polish that has greenish, tealish, purplish, goldish and orangish iridescent glitter suspended in it. Most of the glitter is square shaped but there is some round and hexagon shaped glitter thrown in. It's pretty awesome! Let's look at a macro shot:


Look at all those different colors and shapes! Now there are a few brands out there that have some sort of similar colors (China Glaze Snow Globe and one of the new MAC winter polishes come to mind) but as far as I know, none of them have square glitter or quite as many colors in the polish. I will try to do a comparison this weekend for you all! I actually really like Stairway to Heaven over a dark red like this, however I think you really get all the whimsical glittery awesomeness if it's layered over a lighter color. I'll be sure to do a full review of this with different "underwear" once the challenge is over!

So there you have it, Stairway to Heaven. I just love that all Lippmann polishes are named after songs! Stairway to Heaven definitely reminds me of snowflakes and I think it's a really cool polish to have in a holiday collection. Stairway to Heaven retails for $18 and since it's more of a layering polish, that $18 will take you a long way!

As always, check out the other lovely bloggers participating in the challenge:

Always Polished
The Polished Momma
Addicted to the Allure of Beauty
Follow The Yellow Polished Road
Something Creative
Good Lack Nail
Adventures in Acetone
Nails Adored
Fierce Makeup and Nails
Cherry Glam Girl
Lucky Lacquers
Haute Lacquer
Nailed To The T
Glazed Talons
Shadow's Nail Art
Je Taime Lacquer
Limited Addiction Nails
Nailtopia
Pretty and Polished


What do you think of Stairway to Heaven? Do you like it over a darker color?

9 comments:

  1. Haha, it's ok, I did the same thing! An untried on top of an untried I just did the night before. And now it's so pretty Idk if I want to take it out (I'm Andrea on the list in case you want to see them) and now they're glitterbomb'd and idk if I'll get it off in time to do another today lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to try a DL, but I am wearing myself down! Looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no such thing as cheating in polish! :)Anything goes! Plus I still love that color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stairway To Heaven looks fabulous! And i don´t think its cheating when you apply one untried polish on another untried polish :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't have thought that this layering would work, but it is great! and it isn't cheating, as you can't really wear stairway to heaven on its own, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A long time ago, there was a huge apple tree. A little boy loved to come and play around it every day. He climbed to the tree top, ate the apples guild wars 2 gold, took a nap under the shadow… He loved the tree and the tree loved to play with him. Time went by…The little boy had grown up and he no longer played around the tree. One day, the boy came back to the tree and looked sad. “Come and play with me,” the tree asked the boy. “I am no longer a kid, I don’t’ play around trees anymore.” The boy replied guild wars 2 gold, “I want toys. I need money to buy them.” “Sorry, but I don’t have money…but you can pick all my apples and sell them. So, you will have money.” The boy was so excited. He picked all the apples on the tree and left happily. The boy didn’t come back after he picked the apples. The tree was sad. One day, the boy returned and the tree was so excited. “Come and play with me.” The tree said. “I don’t have time to play. I have to work for my family guild wars 2 gold. We need a house for shelter. Can you help me?” “Sorry, but I don’t’ have a house. But you can cut off my branches to build your house.” So the boy cut all the branches of the tree and left happily. The tree was glad to see him happy but the boy didn’t appear since then.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...