Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 9 Featuring OPI Man of La Mancha

Good afternoon my fellow Lacquered Lovers!  As we go on through the 30 days of untrieds, I am finding some real gems in my collection!  Today I have for you a polish that came out as part of OPI Holiday on Broadway in 2003.  Now when I moved to Manhattan back in 2008, as I was packing up my nail polishes to go (my collection was far smaller back then, maybe there were 20-25 polishes in total) I decided to raid my mom's nail polish drawer as well in case there was anything good in there (sorry Mom!)  I grabbed a couple of reds without paying attention and went on my merry way.  I never even tried the ones I grabbed!

Fast forward to 2011, I began to blog and found out about all of these Hard To Find polishes.  Lo and behold, one of the ones I stole from my mom turned out to be Man of La Mancha!  However it didn't look that impressive in the bottle so I still never tried it.  Fast forward to last night and I finally decided to use it.  After some googling and asking around, I knew it had to be layered over something dark to get the look I wanted and so now, without further ado, on to the polish!







Above:  1 coat of Man of La Mancha over 2 coats of OPI Ink over 1 coat OPI Nail Envy

MULTICHROME!!!  Ah it's so fun!  It was insanely hard to capture a picture of this polish so I will spam you with 12 pictures instead.  Man of La Mancha is very sheer and looks almost orangey-red in the bottle, but layered over a dark purple, BAM!  It flashes red, gold, greenish, purple.  It's basically just awesomeness in a bottle.  Why doesn't OPI make multichromes like this anymore?  Let's look at more pictures:







So pretty!  Also check out my awesome friend Jacki's Blog Candy Coated Tips to see how this gorgeous color looks over OPI Royal Rajah Ruby!  This is what I love about the 30 Days of Untrieds, I never know what gems I find hiding in my collection!  Now is this polish worth the high prices it goes for on eBay (at least $15 from what I understand)?  Well, I guess that's up to each person, but I'm glad I found it hiding in my mom's drawer!

Be sure to check out the other bloggers doing the 30 days of untrieds challenge!
Always Polished
The Polished Momma
Addicted to the Allure of Beauty
Follow The Yellow Polished Road
Something Creative
Good Lack Nail
Adventures in Acetone
Nails Adored
Fierce Makeup and Nails
Cherry Glam Girl
Lucky Lacquers
Haute Lacquer
Nailed To The T
Glazed Talons
Shadow's Nail Art
Je Taime Lacquer
Limited Addiction Nails
Nailtopia
Pretty and Polished


What do you all think of Man of La Mancha?  Any other colors I should try to layer it over?  Do you have it or are you lemming it?

9 comments:

  1. Mmmm I love oldschool OPI multichromes! MoLM looks amazing over black~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have M of La M too. I need to dig it out and play with it again. You are right, it's not interesting on it's own and looks funky in the bottle. But that also was a period of time that Opi had a lot of work going on to learn how to dump the old frosts/pearls and try and come up with some different things in polish. Glad your mom kept this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty color! Am still waiting to see my Essie Mint Apple !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now most of the workers and public servants work from 9 Atlantica Gold am to 5 pm. Some of them even work from 8 am or 8:30 am to 5 pm. However, according to the global Internet survey done by the UK Sleep Council, the Mediterranean Atlantica online Gold siesta was the right idea all along. The UK Sleep Council called on the country’s bosses to end nine-to-five working in favor of more flexible hours. They believe what would really pump up the pulse of worker productivity is a nice afternoon nap Atlantica Gold, rather than those bonuses and incentives.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...