Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Deborah Lippmann Dance Music Holiday Mini Trio vs Wet N Wild Ice Baby Collection

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers! I know, I know, I'm a bad blogger. I fell off the wagon with the 30 days of untrieds, but sometimes life just gets in the way! So, to make up for it, I've been trying to show you some awesome collections and today will be showing you a fun comparison post!  As you've seen on here already, Deborah Lippmann came out with a really cute mini holiday trio called Dance Music a few weeks ago that's 3 really cute and fun glitters.  Similarly, Wet N Wild released a limited edition collection only at Walgreens called Ice Baby that's all glitters and when I saw the two, they looked similar but I wasn't quite sure if they were dupes so clearly I had to swatch them together!  So now, without further ado, on to the polish!

 Above:  2 coats of Deborah Lippmann Just Dance
Above:  3 coats of Cost is no Issue


Above:  Pointer and Ring Finger - 2 coats of Just Dance/ Middle and Pinkie Fingers 2 coats of Cost is No Issue
First up we have Deborah Lippmann Just Dance vs Wet N Wild Cost is no Issue.  The first major difference is opacity, it only take 2 coats of Just Dance to be opaque while it takes three for Cost is no Issue.  The second major difference is color.  Just Dance is far more teal and a bit more vibrant where Cost is no Issue is lighter in color and more pale.  As you can see when they are swatched together (both using only 2 coats) Just Dance is much brighter, more highly pigmented and has much more teal than aqua to it.  For me, Deborah Lippmann wins this round!


 Above:  2 coats of Deborah Lippmann Flash Dance
 Above:  3 coats of Wet N Wild Back Alley Deals


Above:  Pointer and Ring Finger - 2 coats of Flash Dance/ Middle and Pinkie Fingers - 2 coats of Back Alley Deals

I really thought that these two were going to be dupes when I first saw them, until I put them on the nail and it became clear that they were very different.  First of all, it only takes two coats of Flash Dance to be opaque whereas it takes three for Back Alley Deals.  Also, Back Alley Deals is far more purple!  The base of Back Alley Deals is a dark purple glitter with fuchsia larger pieces of glitter so the overall look is more purple whereas Flash Dance is more of a fuchsia base with hot pink larger glitter giving it a much more pink look.  For me, Wet N Wild wins this one because I prefer the purple to the pink base, however both are gorgeous!



 Above:  2 coats of Deborah Lippmann Dancing in the Dark

Above:  Pointer and Ring Finger - Deborah Lippmann Dancing in the Dark/ Middle and Pinkie Fingers - Wet N Wild Diamond in the Rough

I know, I know, I forgot to swatch Diamond in the Rough by itself!  I honestly thought I had worn it before!  Oops!  Anyway, can you tell the difference between these two?  If I had to fine something, the base of Dancing in the Dark is a smidge darker than Diamond in the Rough, but unless I was really looking for it, these two are dupes!  Both dark grey glitter bases with larger hexagonal holographic glitter.  These two truly are 99% identical.

All in all, are these collections (or at least the three that "match") dupes?  I have to say no!  While Diamond in the Rough and Dancing in the Dark are dupes, the blues and the purple/pinks are different enough to justify having both.  Of course the price points are very different with the Wet N Wild coming out to $2.99 per bottle, although they are fairly hard to find being a limited release and the Deborah Lippmann set being $29.  If you're a glitter fan though, treat yourself for the holidays!

What do you guys think?  Dupes or not?  Do you have either or both?  Which do you like better?

10 comments:

  1. I have seen similar posts on nail color, but your's is top because you have chosen fabulous shades. They are amazingly beautiful. Thanks for being so creative.

    http://healthtips2day.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, these are just different enough but what annoys me is that the collections are the same! It's one thing to have a new polish be a dupe for another, but when the collections are the same three shades it's like come on! Thanks for the comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great comparison!! i really thought all of these were dupes which was justifying me not needing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. i didn't realize they were all that close!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen so many comparisons of the Ice Baby collection lately, good to know for those of us who never were able to get out hands on the Wet n Wild ones. They're all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, thank you so much for comparing these! I'm really happy to find that they are such close dupes. I've got to find me some Ice Baby :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Back Alley Deals and love it! Lippmann in my opinion is way overpriced, so I prefer the Wet n Wild ones, since the difference isn't that huge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty shades

    i m new follower
    i would love if you follow back
    http://saharawans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you need to play POE Currency, you always get it on the mmoah website, because this is a very reliable website, not only cheap, but also fast. If you want to Buy POE Currency Welcome to mmoah.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...