Sunday, December 9, 2012

KBShimmer: A Selection of Winter 2012 Swatches and Review!

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Sunday to you all and Happy Hanukkah to my fellow readers who began to celebrate last night!  Today, I have a wonderful indie collection to share with you!



KB Shimmer released their Winter collection last month and I have five of these glitter beauties to share with you today!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!




Above:  1 coat of KBShimmer Candy Cane Crush over 2 coats LCN Tokyo Expression

First up is Candy Cane Crush.  Since this is a glitter topper, I put it over a dark grey.  Candy Cane Crush is multiple sized glitter from tiny to large in a bright red and pure white in a clear base.  It's adorable and really does look like a crushed Candy Cane!  Also, it's scented like peppermint!  This polish was pretty easy to use, some of the really large glitters required a bit of fishing out but they went on smooth and evened out with top coat!


Above:  2 coats of Cocoa Nut

Cocoa Nut is a gorgeous milk brown chocolate base full of multi colored pink glitter in different sizes and shapes, including irregular flakes.  It's also full of a gold micro shimmer that really adds a lot of depth.  It reminds me of truffles or hot cocoa with raspberries!  I love how rich this color looks on the nails.  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and evened out with one coat of top coat!




Above:  3 coats of Hex Appeal

I think Hex Appeal is my new favorite glitter nail polish!  Hex Appeal is a navy almost jelly like base full of magenta, blue and silver hex glitter in different sizes with tiny bar glitters as well.  I LOVE it!  I used three thin coats since the base is fairly sheer but with three coats, I had full opacity.  The glitters came out really easily and evened out with one coat of top coat!




Above:  3 coats of Snow Way!

Snow Way! is an adorable polish that actually looks like falling snow to me!  The base is a light milky blue full of multi sized hexagonal white matte glitters.  I love it!  The formula was a bit thick so I found that 3 thin coats worked best for full coverage.




Above:  2 coats of Sugar Plum Faerie

Sugar Plum Faerie is a pink toned plum milky jelly base full of purple, bright green an pink glitters in different sizes and shapes.  I really love how the green is so contrasting!  This polish is really rich and fun for winter time!  This polish was really easy to use, no fishing for glitter is necessary and it was opaque in 2 coats!

All in all, I LOVED this collection!  Really great showing from KBShimmer for Winter!  The glitters are fun and different and all of the formulas were really easy to use.  All of these polishes and the rest of the Winter collection are available now at the KBShimmer Website for $8.75 each!



What did you think of this polish?  Must have? Any Dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

8 comments:

  1. Oooh they look lovely!!! I love the Candy Cane Crush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of them are beautiful but my fave would definitely have to be Sugar Plum Fairie <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought Cocoa Nut and Candy Cane Crush. I'm wearing Candy Cane Crush right now and even with a coat of Gelous and a coat of Poshe I can still smell the peppermint! I love these polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must have Candy Cane Crush und Snow Way....but will never have cause I wouldnt be able to buy. Dx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are all great but I LOVE Candy Cane Crush and Snow Way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glitter, glitter, glitter, I love all of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...