Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Guest Post by Destany of Manifest Destany!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Merry Christmas to those of you who are celebrating today!  I am in Ohio having my very first Christmas with my boyfriends family so you will hear all about it if you follow my social media!  Today, my very lovely friend Destany of Manifest Destany has done a super cute Christmas post for you all!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello all you Lacquered Lovers out there! My name is Destany, and I am so honored that Carly asked me to guest post for her wonderful blog! I thought I would try something special for you guys - so I got out my crazy nail art skills (I call them fail art skills!) and tried some Christmas trees for you! :)

First I started with a base of one of my favorite reds, Cult Nails Evil Queen - it's just an amazing color :) I topped that with Seche Vite for quick drying. Once it was dry, I used Scotch tape, and taped off triangles on my nails, with the base of the triangle at the tips of my nails. Now, all my trees are varying sizes...cause, well, Christmas trees come in all sizes! (It's absolutely NOT because I tried and tried and tried to get them symmetric, and I just couldn't do it...) Once everything was taped off, I used Wet n Wild Sagreena the Teenage Witch and painted two coats over that. Once that was done, I took the tape off. I let that dry for just a little while, but then I used a Stripe Rite silver glitter (which was provided to be by It's So Easy) and swiped it a few times across the "tree" to represent garland, and then used a dotting took with Milani Signature Gold (which was provided to me by Milani) and put a topper on the tree. The final touches were dots in Pure Ice French Kiss (blue) and Zoya Pippa (yellow). So here it is!



Have you guys tried art like this? I need to do more of it! It was really simple and so cute when it's done! Thanks Carly for letting me show your readers my Christmas trees! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How cute are these???  I love it!  Thank you again to Destany and I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday!  Stay tuned for more posts!


What did you think of this manicure?

1 comment:

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...