Thursday, March 7, 2013

Disney Jasmine Collection by Sephora Storylook Palette Volume 2 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Thursday to you all!  I hope you're all having a wonderful week so far!  Today, I have a brand new eyeshadow palette from Sephora to show you!  As you might know, Sephora has been releasing, in coordination with Disney, makeup lines based on the Princesses!  First up was Cinderella and now, we have Princess Jasmine!


 Above:  Outer Packaging

Above:  Inner Packaging
 
How cute is this packaging?  Jasmine was always one of my favorite princesses because:  1.  She has a pet tiger.  2.  She gets to wear pants.  And 3.  She's kind of a bad ass.
 
Now there is a lot of pictures and information coming at you so now, without further ado, on to the makeup!
 
 Above:  The full palette
 
This Palette comes with 15 eyeshadows, a blush and a bronzer.  It's really colorful, lots of glitter and all are pigmented.  In all the swatches below, on the top will be the shadow on its own and the bottom will be it over primer.
 
 
Above:  top row of eye shadows

 Above:  Blue Oasis

Blue Oasis is a very soft blue toned aqua.  There are hints of green to it but it leans more to the blue.  It was fairly shimmery with a hint of tiny silver glitter.  The formula was very powdery and even with primer I had trouble getting a strong color but it is beautiful.  Definitely will require clean up as there is a lot of fallout.

 Above:  Trust Me

Trust Me is a copper with red overtones and a bit of frosty shimmer to the finish.  You can see the tiny glitters even without the primer.  The formula was pretty good, the color went on easily and seemed to stay in place.

 Above:  Abu

Abu is a dark brown with bronze shimmer and a metallic like finish.  This is one of the most intense and most pigmented shades of the palette.  This color is really vibrant and easy to use.

Above:  Ali Ababwa

Ali Ababwa is a slightly beige matte eyeshadow.  You can't really tell on me because I'm so pale that it pretty much just blended into my skintone.  It's a nice shade for layering and not too powdery.

 Above:  Middle row of eyeshadows

 Above:  Friend Like Me

Friend Like Me is a medium blue with a ton of silver shimmer to it that gives it a really neat smokey looking effect.  This one was very pigmented even without the primer and you can see the little silver specks in it.  The formula was really nice, not too much fallout.

 Above:  Master

Master is a deep eggplant purple with a warm kind of metallic look to it.  I like that it's not overly shimmery or frosty and just gives a deep, warm purple tone.  This one was fairly pigmented but it took a few swipes to get maximum color.

 Above:  Cosmic

Cosmic is hands down one of my favorites of this collection.  This warm toned gold is just beautiful and shimmery and so pigmented that I barely had to use any.  I'm in love.

 Above:  Cave of Wonders

Cave of Wonders is a yellow shadow that's full of a ton of gold shimmer and a bit of golden sparkle so it's not too harsh as a yellow.  The formula was ok with this one, it looked much more pigmented in the palette than it did on my skin but I really like the sparkle.

Above:  Sand in the Glass

Sand in the Glass is a beautiful warm toned white shadow that has hints of gold to it.  This is a great highlighter color or inner corner color to really make your eyes pop.  The pigmentation was great and a little bit when a long way.

Above:  Last row of Eyeshadow

 Above:  Lapis

Lapis is a mostly matte green leaning blue eyeshadow that had a lot of fallout and was very powdery.  It took a lot to build up more than a sheer wash of color but the color payoff is great once you do.

 Above:  Mystic Wonder

I love Mystic Wonder!  This is a blue leaning medium purple shadow that's so shimmy it almost looks iridescent.  The pigmentation wasn't the best on its own but over primer I had no issues with it.

 Above:  Rajah

Rajah is a bright orange with a slightly lighter orange and golden shimmer to it.  There was a LOT of pigment to this one and it was really easy to use!

 Above:  Arabian Sunset

Arabian Sunset is a pinky red/orange shadow with golden glitter and shimmer to it.  It's really warm and vibrant looking and the glitter is really apparent.  The shadow went on fairly easily with not too much fall out.

Above:  Bazaar

Lastly is Bazaar, a medium brown shimmer that was fairly powdery.  I had a bit of trouble getting a good color payoff with this one and it had a bit of fall out but when I got it to stick, it was really pretty.


 Above:  blush and bronzer
Above:  Thrilling Chase
 
Thrilling Chase is a very dark reddish pink blush with the tiniest hint of gold shimmer.  This is seriously virtually no product on clean skin and it's so pigmented!
 
 Above:  Golden Sands

Golden Sands is a gorgeous medium golden bronzer that's very shimmery and really easy to use and blend.  I love this color because it's so warm and just brightens up your skin,

All in all, I think this was a really fun palette!  The neutrals are great for every day and there is a pop of color in there for everyone.  Some of the formulas were a little powdery so they will have some fall out so make sure you do your eyes before your face makeup.  Here is a look I did today using only the Jasmine palette as my eyeshadow and blush/bronzer.





So there you have it!  The Disney Jasmine Collection by Sephora Storylook Palette Volume 2!  There are some really gorgeous shades and I love how it ended up looking on me!  I can't wait to try Volume 1!  This collection is limited edition and is currently available on the Sephora website for $55.00.

What did you think of this collection?  Must Have?  Any color dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is gorgeous! You really showed the true colors of the palette! Love that they're swatched individually and then how you showed the looks you made using them! Love! I'm excited to see what else is to come from this new branch of your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I've been on the fence about this palette, and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. It seems like so many colours are either hit or miss with intensity or there are fallout issues. I'm not a fan of dealing with either if I can avoid it, so I'll have to ponder this collection a little longer. Thanks for the review!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the colors are so pretty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...