Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Mally Beauty Perfect Red Lip Kit in Warm Red Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Wednesday to you all!  I hope you are having a fantastic week so far!  Today, I have something a bit different to show you!  I'm slowly starting to expand Lacquered Lover into makeup (as you may have noticed if you follow my social media) and I'm going to start doing a few more makeup posts on the blog! 



 Above:  Mally Lip Liner and Lipstick in Warm Red

The Mally Perfect Red Lip Kit comes in three shades, Warm Red, Cool Red and Neutral Red.  I was lucky enough to meet Mally backstage at NYFW and she recommended I try the Warm Red so that's what I did!  The kit also comes with a lip primer (not pictured.)

 Above:  lip liner on top, lipstick on bottom swatched on inside of my arm

As you can see, this is a more warm toned red, almost with undertones of pink to it.  It's not quite a matte finish but it certainly isn't glossy, it's almost a more satiny finish. 


 Above:  Lip Liner and Lipstick in indirect light
 Above:  Lip Liner and Lipstick in Direct Light

This lipstick and lip liner is super vibrant and fun.  The application of both was very easy and the colors match perfectly so you don't see the outline of the lip liner.  The lip liner just helps to prevent feathering into your skin and keeps the lipstick on the lip.  I like the warm tone of this because it brightens up my whole face.  The application was very easy and I got about 4 hours of wear time out of this before I had to reapply after eating my lunch.  Here's how it looks with full makeup:

 And here's just a goofy pic because red lip just make me want to make a pucker!


As far as reds go, this one is really nice and I love the warm hue to it.  The cool thing about these packs is that there are three different colors so you can find the one that will work best with your skin tone!  I do wish the wear time was a bit longer but in all fairness, I did not use the lip primer when I wore it out so I will be sure to do that and see how long it extends it, even without, 4 hours is not bad for a creme lipstick.  This kit is available on the Mally website for $35.


What did you think of this lipstick?  Must Have?  Any Dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty red! I've heard great things about Mally's products although I don't own any. I heard her mascaras are amazing too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...