Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Jin Soon Botanical Garden Collection for Spring 2013 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Thursday to you all!  I hope you are all having a lovely day so far!  Today, I have the new collection from Jin Soon to share with you guys!  For those of you who may not know, Jin Soon Choi is a fabulous celebrity manicurist who launched her own line of nail polishes!


The Botanical Gardens Collection consists of 5 colors for Spring!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!


 Above:  3 coats of Blue Iris

First up is blue Iris, a gorgeous deep royal blue.  The consistency on this is halfway between a cream and a jelly which makes it super vibrant but a tad bit sheer.  With three coats I couldn't see the visible nail line unless it was under a direct light but it was so pigmented that it's just gorgeous.


 Above:  2 coats of Coral Peony

Coral Peony is a gorgeous bright coral shade.  It's not quite neon but it's getting pretty close!  I just love how vibrant this shade is and how it's kind of hot pink and coral all rolled into one!  The formula was great, two coats for full opacity and a LOT of pigment!


Above:  2 coats of French Lilac

French Lilac is one of those pink/purple shades that I change my mind on depending on the lighting so Lilac is a fitting name.  I'm not really a pink type girl but it's a very pretty shade for Spring.  The formula on this was good, opaque in two coats and very pigmented.


 Above:  Poppy Blue

I love Poppy Blue.  There, I said it.  This gorgeous bright turquoise is perfection in a bottle.  The color is just so vibrant and fun and the formula was amazing!  Two coats and so pigmented, I love it!


 Above:  3 coats of Tea Rose

Tea Rose is a bright peach shade.  I like that it's not super pale like most peach colors and while it is super pigmented, it was a bit streaky after 2 coats so I added a third one to even it out.

Then, I decided it was necessary to do some nail art with these polishes so I did a fan brush manicure using them all!


All in all, I liked these polishes.  They all have a sort of jelly like squishy finish to them but are definitely cremes with a LOT of pigment so they are easy to use.  I especially loved the blues because they are so vibrant for the Spring!  Jin Soon polishes are now available at her website or Sephora for $18 each.

What did you think of these polishes? Must have? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely swatches. All the colors are beautiful, and they don't strike me as typical spring collection colors. Any idea how close Coral Peony is to Zoya Elodie?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...